Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys for my birthday I wgot a winch fromt he old man that he brought a few years ago when he was working in Africa but he never ended up using it. I have the winch mounted on my wagon but not wired up as of yet. not the winch did not come with any instuctions and to me is a no name winch but I would like to wire it up tomorrow.

my question is what cable goes where on the winch motor?

it has 3 poles two are closest to the drum and one is towards the other end of the motor. on the control box there are 4 cables. one long one im guessing goes to the battery, one short red one, two short black cables and one has a yellow boot over it. also there is a 2-3mm wire from the control box as well.

could someone give me a rough idea of how the 3 cables from the winch to control box are connected please?

cheers jc

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
On the opposite side of the 3 posts there will be another one (maybe just a threaded hole) that one goes to - , The 2 posts next to each other will be F1 and F2 (one to each solenoid), then Battery + to solenoid and solenoid to last post.

Reactions: jc4x4

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool cheers for that mate I will look into it tomorrow.

does the main ear from the battery need to be the same size as the positive to the battery?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
ok cool cheers for that mate I will look into it tomorrow.

does the main ear from the battery need to be the same size as the positive to the battery?
Yupp, that's If by ear you meant Earth lol

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts