Registered
nissan
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Fitted winch and solenoid to Patrol.
This is my first winch by the way.
Now the question is about the control.
Is the supplied handheld remote the way to go? or is in cabin switching the preferred method these days?
I haven't as yet mounted the connector for the handheld remote, was going to put it on the bullbar smack bang in the middle.
Given that it came with a wireless remote control, is the supplied handheld remote even required, and thus go with in cabin switch?

cheers

Ralph

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
I only use my wireless remote on my Chinese 17000 lb winch.have done for 3 years.will fit an incar switch one day

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with the handheld controller but they are a pain to find, plug in, put through the window. Works well when you're on level ground and can stop safely but when your car is slowly sinking or on an extreme hill every minute counts.

The wireless ones aren't bad but the batteries can go flat, you can lose them, etc.

In cab is the simplest and most reliable. Keep the handheld though so you can spool it in yourself. If you do it yourself it'll only cost $50. You need a DPDT switch and a SPST switch (for safety). There's tons of guides online, you can use trailer wiring to keep it tidy.

·
Registered
nissan
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanks for that PhysicalGraffiti, makes total sense.

cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts