Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a first time GU Patrol (2003 3.0 TD) owner and would like to mount a winch in the front bar, I have no idea on what to buy or what brand is good value for the money etc. Any recommendations?
Is the winch by Ironman any good?

Regards

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey bloke, i'v got a 9500 ironman winch, for what i use it for its great, 1 thing that i fund so far is its not waterproofed real well, it was under water for 40 minutes when i got bogged, but it was easy enuff to pull the gears out clean em up and repack with new grease. it on a 4.2d trayback as well, hope this helps

·
Part of the furniture
4,567 Posts
id check out those tiger11 12000b 2 speed winches..
and id get it with a steel cable, not synthetic rope.

just my preference as the cable would far out live the synthetic rope if its just an 'insurance gismo'

ive not heeard a negative comment about them.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
One vote for M12000 warn here. Pulls hard, once you turf the useless solenoids that warn chooses to use they are a mean mofo heavy hitter.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ill be watching this thread with interest.Im planning on getting a winch real soon.

So the Ironman, and Tigerz11 seem the go ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
All of my mates have Tigerz winches as he lives just a few streets away. Whilst I have had mine a whole year (12000lbs with rope) I've never had to use it. My mates on the other hand have used theirs several times and they are still going strong. The only gripe is that they are slow otherwise good value for money. For those that have had issues, Paul seems to stand by his product and fixes the problem without fuss.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Love my Warn... Loved my old Warn on the GQ.

Bloke on myswag is importing his own Warn from USA at moment.. many $100's cheaper than buying here even with freight.

·
Registered
279 Posts
id check out those tiger11 12000b 2 speed winches..
and id get it with a steel cable, not synthetic rope.

just my preference as the cable would far out live the synthetic rope if its just an 'insurance gismo'

ive not heeard a negative comment about them.
The tigerz11 12000lb 2 speed and the 10000lb competition winch does not fit on the standard nissan steel bar nor the ARB one. The motor side of the winch is too long (due to the electric brake system I think). The winch has to sit above (not between) the chassis for them to fit. The single speed 12000kb is fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NO matter what winch you get you have to strip and regrease etc every 12months . More so if you have been in the drink . Remember winches are not designed to work under water Rgds Teago

1 - 10 of 10 Posts