Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
I Have a 2002 GU TD42 Ute, and looking at upping the boost and fuel to get some more power.

I have previously had it tuned on a dyno, with boost currently at 12psi.
I never had an intercooler and have just added a Cross Country top mount intercooler so want to see if I can up the boost to the 15PSI mark and the fuel accordingly.

I have both boost and egt gauges and have done a search but have not found the info I require.

I was curious as firstly how to increase boost. Do I need a boost controller? As boost has already been increased from standard when it was last tuned do I already have one?

Also, I have read some posts on how to increase fuel at the compensator and also at the pump. But where exactly is the fuel pump and compensator?

Just wanted to have a play, instead of having to spend money straightaway on a tune.

Look forward to hearing some advice.
Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know it's probably one of the most asked questions but still hoping someone can give me some advice. Thanks

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
Hey all.
I Have a 2002 GU TD42 Ute, and looking at upping the boost and fuel to get some more power.

I have previously had it tuned on a dyno, with boost currently at 12psi.
I never had an intercooler and have just added a Cross Country top mount intercooler so want to see if I can up the boost to the 15PSI mark and the fuel accordingly.

I have both boost and egt gauges and have done a search but have not found the info I require.

I was curious as firstly how to increase boost. Do I need a boost controller? As boost has already been increased from standard when it was last tuned do I already have one?

Also, I have read some posts on how to increase fuel at the compensator and also at the pump. But where exactly is the fuel pump and compensator?

Just wanted to have a play, instead of having to spend money straightaway on a tune.

Look forward to hearing some advice.
Thanks
Tim
Has the vehicle had any exhaust work done to it???

If your not sure where the pump and compensator are i would suggest to leave it to the professionals in your area.

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah mate. Forgot to mention 3inch mandrel bent exhaust with dump pipe and no muffler.
Just didn't know if the pump was in the tank or engine bay
cheers

·
Registered
nissan
10,919 Posts
agree with tough diesels. diesel tuning isnt something that should be played round with especially if not already fairly familiar with the procedures.
diesel engines dont come cheap and a bad tune can very quickly lead to a dead td42t and a 15k lighter wallet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts