Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys,
I've had a bit of a search around, and it seems like tinting has been discussed a fair bit, but I was looking for some feedback from some South Aussies who have had theirs done, as to where to go, and what kind of price they have paid, as well as what level of tint they have had done. Car is a 2000 GU II.

So far I have come up with dands auto's, who are only 2 minutes down the road at Newton, and look to have pretty good prices. Just wondering who others have used, and would they recommend them? Eastern or North Eastern suburbs would be preferable, but am willing to go elsewhere for a good job to be done.
I have had my Forester done at a place at Brighton, and was happy enough with their job, but if there is someone closer to home or office (Unley) then that would be a bonus.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Hey Dude
My Dad had his GU done at Instant windscreens on south rd Melrose park. Looks great, Not too far from Unley(I live in Unley). Cant remember how much he paid but he has 20% from B Pillar back and 35% on the front windows.

My GQ on the other hand i did all my self and it cost me about 60 bucks from SCA!!
Have a Look. 5% :)
But i would definitely recommend Instant windscreens.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Got mine done by a mobile bloke at a reasonable rate, can't remember his business name but his name was Ken 0439183693.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Gday mate, Got mine done at "tint a car" at Alberton cnr of Port rd And Tapleys Hill rd. Had all windows done double Bolle` blue. Looks great. Can't see into the car. Only problem was at night the front was too dark,so I had to go back to a single tint for the front driver and passangers windows. Excellent for beach driving. Cost about $700 for double strengh

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
I can't advise where but I highly rate the Sunguard brand of tint. The rest is up to the skill and care of the guy putting it on.

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. Ended up going to D&S Auto as they were only 2 minutes down the road. Bonus fact was that as it's just after easter they were a little bit quieter, so was able to get it booked in to be done today.

Job was all done in a few hours, and the job was so far clean, and good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts