Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have recently bought a new washer bottle and also a rear washer motor as the old motor didnt work.
The old bottle didnt leak either, it just looked a bit crappy so i replaced it.
So, fit motors to new bottle with some sealant to make sure they dont leak, mount bottle, fill with water and test - leave overnight.
Next morning = empty washer bottle.
Water hasnt leaked from the bottle or motors - not a drop.

Opened the rearmost door and what do i find, a nice big pool of water leaking from the door.
Found the leak - the hose had somehow came away from the spray jet, so i cut the end of the hose off and refit it to the spray jet and though that would be that.
Not so.
the hose hasnt come off at all, however, if the water bottle is higher than the rear spray jet (park on a slope), the water just leaks right out of the spray nozzle on the back door.
When driving, if i take off suddenly (yeah you can in a GQ), it sprays up the back window like a water pistol.

Is it correct to think that the replacement rear washer motor is somehow a dud and is just letting water past it even when it isnt meant to?
Cant say the old one did this (the old motor didnt work though), although to be honest, i hadnt really driven the car as i have only just got it - but i do know the bottle never leaked.
My other GQ doesnt do this either.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There's a one way valve in the line to stop the water ,drainning out..
Might be blocked,should be in the door ,half way down the line...large rear door...

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is something IN the door which feels like something to clip the pipe into (cant see it) but i have pulled the entire length of the pipe out of the door and there was nothing else on it.

So the motor is OK, its a one way valve?
Any pictures or diagrams of this one way valve?

·
Registered
nissan
2,029 Posts
you can either change the one way valve or get an extra length of hose and run it up the D pillar and then back down again so it goes higher than the washer bottle when parked on a slope.

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool.
Ill have a look for the valve and see what i find.
Also a good idea running the line up the pillar to a higher top out point.
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts