Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

windscreen washer bottle siphoning out any ideas how to stop it?

6K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  coxsy 
#1 ·
hi, we have a long wheel base GQ and when we park on a hill with the back of the patrol lower than the front the windscreen washer bottle siphons out at the rear, is there a way to stop this happening?
thanks from chris.

#2 ·
Theres a one way valve in the water line to the back of th car, behind the center row seats in drivers side panel cavity

they **** themselves regularly.

#4 ·
Theres a one way valve in the water line to the back of th car, behind the center row seats in drivers side panel cavity

they **** themselves regularly.
its more of a spring loaded one way valve, the spring puts pressure on the valve to stop the fluid from draining by its self, when you hit the washer pump button it puts enough pressure on the spring to open it and let the fluid through

just incase you go looking for another one way valve as it needs to be the right one

#5 ·
As ITSA said^
I just blocked mine off and disconnected the plug on the washer motor lol. 35" spare blocks more than a dirty window anyway but my rear view camera's takes take of rear vision.

#7 ·
Grab one from an aquarium shop maybe...

All they are is a ball and seat anti-siphoning valve or check valve if you prefer set to a very lite pressure. The valve is closed by spring pressure and when the pump fires up the pump pressure overcomes the spring.

#9 ·
I replaced mine with a mitsubishi valve that cost $6, Nissan wanted something like $30+. My motor has crapped itself now anyway so I have blocked off the water to the back as I rearly need it anyway.

By the way my valve was located behind the rear drivers side brake light in the panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.