Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, for a while now i haven't had any water coming out of my windscreen washer's and i don't know why. today i checked to see if both the motors work (front and rear) and i only hear buzzing when i turn the rear motor on. but still no water comes out from either. i just hear the motor noise from the rear motor only. i pulled the fuse out for the front windscreen washer and put it back it, no problems there, then since i did that the front windscreen wipers don't work either.

so im lost as to whats happened, im assuming the front windscreen washer motor is rooted and the rear one works fine still, but no water comes out of either.... plus the windscreen wipers dont work either now...

surely the lines arent both blocked???

cheers, Jono

·
Registered
Nissan
142 Posts
I assume you've already done the obvious, and refilled the water tank? ;) Check to make sure that the lines from the tank to the jets are still connected. Try getting someone to push the stalk for you, while you check under the bonnet to see if the water is leaking out somewhere along the way.

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
Most probably the motor is stuffed - mine is, though it still works its seal is broken and the water leaks out over a few days.

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bottles full of water in it, but its weird as well becuase the rear one works but no water leaks anywhere or comes out of the rear one, dry as a bone except in the bottle..

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
following....mine does the same thing :) it hasnt worked for the 8 months ive owned it and ive always meant to put a test light on the wires to see if theyre powered...but havent got around to it. il let you know if i do though ;)

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
589 Posts
Check your lines, because there is a one way valve in there somewhere, which is probably cactus. It maybe in the lines in the engine bay if you are lucky. Remove this valve and reconnect the lines. Now disconnect the lines from your bonnet nozzles and blow air back down them into the water bottle, make sure the lid is open. Also stick a pin into the bonnet nozzles to clean them out. Then reconnect lines to nozzles. Now see if they work. Hopefully they will.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
same thing happened to me, pumps get air blocks, pull hose off pump and let water run out then put back on, bleed the pump

·
Registered
413 Posts
Check your lines, because there is a one way valve in there somewhere, which is probably cactus. It maybe in the lines in the engine bay if you are lucky. Remove this valve and reconnect the lines. Now disconnect the lines from your bonnet nozzles and blow air back down them into the water bottle, make sure the lid is open. Also stick a pin into the bonnet nozzles to clean them out. Then reconnect lines to nozzles. Now see if they work. Hopefully they will.

X2

I was about to say this, this has always worked for me with every car i have ever had. It will be blocked nozzles, gat a air gun and compressed air and blow out the nozzles and lines.

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
Rh/r panel there is a one way valve i had one last week doing same for rear i found it was blocked with slim so blew all lines out and flushed bottle . However i had to replace both pumps first.

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
my front screen pump was leaking so bought a universal one from superch##p autos pulled the old one apart and slid the round cover over the new to hold it in place in the side of the bottle(new one is smaller) $13 total ($79 new from nissan!:eek:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts