Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
@ModAdmin I wish to elevate this in it's urgency, there has been chat on this between myself and a ModAdmin over time but now I cannot find the particular post/thread, I know the last communication restated it was not available at this time.

Premium Members paid good money to become a part of that particular area and I think it is appalling that what they paid for cannot be fully delivered. The section was going downhill faster than a bobsled in a snowstorm a couple of years ago but a few chosen topics gave it new life, sadly it is going down again as people drop off the radar. I did say in the other communication that we will probably not see anyone take up the life membership (25 years at a cost of $125.00) that I and 20-30 others did (admins were previously able to view all memberships standings, you have taken that away as well), but annual subscriptions did become more popular at around $25-$30.00, can't remember exactly.

As said people paid good money for this, I have received communications asking about the option but have had to tell them forget it at the moment, others saying they no longer see it as being worth it under current situation even if it was available, I think they deserve better treatment or at least given a blow by blow description of where we are headed.

For their premium membership money they received
1. Access to a private lounge to discuss various points (still there).
2. An increase in mailbox content to 750 PM's. This appears to be irrelevant under the new system as every one has unlimited (can this be confirmed?).
3. Unlimited editing rites to their own posts, this was quite a good selling point (gone).
4. No Adds (unsure if this still applies Accros the board, please confirm).
5. Ability to alter designation under avatar (this appears to be intact).

Please post a weekly update on where we are at with this, Subscription Members at least deserve that.

Ross

·
Administrator
4x4
1,050 Posts
@geeyoutoo

Note we are still working on the revised premium membership plan however any existing members will roll over and get the updated benefits once defined.

Some quick answers below:

- No action needed?

2. An increase in mailbox content to 750 PM's. This appears to be irrelevant under the new system as every one has unlimited (can this be confirmed?).
- Conversations/PM are now unlimited for all users currently and believe they will remain that way.

3. Unlimited editing rites to their own posts, this was quite a good selling point (gone).
- This is one of the tools we are working on developing in the future however no ETA

4. No Adds (unsure if this still applies Across the board, please confirm).
- Premium Users should significantly fewer ads if any, this may be adjusted once the new premium member package is defined.

- yes and this will stay that way.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@geeyoutoo

Note we are still working on the revised premium membership plan however any existing members will roll over and get the updated benefits once defined.

Some quick answers below:

- No action needed?

- Conversations/PM are now unlimited for all users currently and believe they will remain that way.

- This is one of the tools we are working on developing in the future however no ETA

4. No Adds (unsure if this still applies Across the board, please confirm).
- Premium Users should significantly fewer ads if any, this may be adjusted once the new premium member package is defined.

- yes and this will stay that way.

Jeff M
Thanks for clarifying the detail for all members.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stand by for changes to Premium Membership rites, been a long time coming, but they are coming soon to a forum near you.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,552 Posts
Granted, I am just a regular member however

Adblocker eliminates point 4 straight off the bat for free, so can’t see that being a great incentive.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Granted, I am just a regular member however

Adblocker eliminates point 4 straight off the bat for free, so can’t see that being a great incentive.
That has been the case for many since long before XF, this thread is quite a few months old, a lot has happenned since then, I'm simply doing a notification of impending changes that are still being worked on but in the mix right now.
I might add that the world of advertising has changed considerably, in many cases these days adds are built in.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have just received word changes are expected to occur at end of February, no full detail as yet but I have asked for an update ASAP, we are not the only XF forum this has negatively effected, there is a lot of pressure being put on their Tech Dept to get this back up and running with meaningful privileges. As a life member myself it has great meaning for me as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts