Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have just purchased a air tank for my patrol I want to hook it up to my compressor and hard wire it. Can someone on here draw up a wireing diagram for me. Needs to include pressure switch an on of switch at the dashboard. Would appreciate any help with this.
Ta Syd

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
One more question what size wire do I use.

Syd
i would use a fairly thick wire from the battery to the relay and from the relay to the compressor , the other wires dont need to be thick as they dont pass any high current

so for the main power wire say some thing that would pass 70 amps would be plenty and say 10 amp wire for the switch and pressure switch

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, have purchased all the required parts and wired up the compressor and tank as per the diagram supplied by "IT' A FORD NOT NISSAN". Every thing ran ok except the compressor didn't stop when the air in the tank got to 130psi (pressure switch is on 100psi off 130psi). Have double checked every thing and all seems good, all parts are new. Any ideas?
Ta Syd

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
pull one of the wires off the pressure switch, it should stop the compressor, if it doesnt stop then recheck the wiring, if it does stop then the pressure switch is either faulty or it has the wrong pressure settings,

the pressure switch on mine is on at 110 psi and off at 135 psi but i see it go to 140 psi before turning off, you could try mounting the pressure switch at a different angle , mine was funny and didnt work on certain angles, NFI why but it works fine now

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the quick response, I just went out and tried what you said. The compessor stopped when i pulled the wire off. I will relocate the pressure switch tomorrow. The switch is set to turn off at 135psi, however the compressor has a relief valve that starts farting at 140psi. So I don't have much leeway. Anyway I will play with it tomorrow morning see how it goes.
Ta Syd

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
11 Posts
Gday All , where did you Lads mount your gear , I have a boss compressor and tank which I had in a 80 series but with the new patrol , no room under bonnet with ABS and all the other fancy gear Im guessing it will all have to be mounted under vehicle ?

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
Nissan
461 Posts
Bringing up an old topic. I've wired up my on board air systems per above diagram but when I go to turn it on at the switch nothing happens.

I'm using a narva relay part #68044 with the below configuration. Am I using the wrong relay?

·
Registered
Nissan
438 Posts
Have you done it similar to this?

30- Heavy wire from battery + via fuse
87- Heavy wire to compressor +
85- Jump to terminal 30
86- Run through pressure switch then through dash switch then to earth

·
Registered
Nissan
461 Posts
Have you done it similar to this?

30- Heavy wire from battery + via fuse
87- Heavy wire to compressor +
85- Jump to terminal 30
86- Run through pressure switch then through dash switch then to earth
Done that right now mate and BAM! She works. Thanks heaps

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Hi
Question about wiring might be simple or stupid but
I have all the gear compressor, air tank, pressure switch, release valve , relay etc

If I want to have all my air compressor and tank setup portable can I /do I still need to run relay and wiring like diagram above and just connect all positives wire & all negative wire to alligator clips to battery

Cheers Dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts