Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , new to this great forum with so much useful information. I've just completed rebuilding my 2001 Patrol. I'm just starting to install a twin battery setup and a new spots on the front. I'm unsure of the best route for the new wiring. Some switches have to mounted on dash as well a heavy power cable to supply inverter. I cannot see a direct route through bulkhead. I'd rather not drill only if necessary. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
There are a few ways you can go about this and there are heaps of threads about it in build threads and the electrical sction.
There is a large grommet on each side of the firewall in the corners about 200mm or so down if you look there. Most people use these. There is also one behind the engine up highish towards the middle that is not used so often. Heavy wiring can also be run underneath and brought up through a couple of the grommets in the floor pan.

The best approach to this is to run a single heavy gauge wire into the cabin to a fused distribution box of some description and then use that as your power source for whatever accessories you want to add over time inside the cabin.

The smart people will also run a distribution box in the engine bay if they are likely to power a few external accessories. Nothing looks worse, and it’s just bad practice, to have multiple random wires with hopefully inline fuses all hanging off the battery terminal.

All this depends on your budget and how much pride you have in doing the job right in the first place . There are some wiring guides in the electrical section by Leethal, I suggest you search them out and start reading if this is relatively new to you, as it sounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts