Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have recently bought a aftermarket tacho for my RB30 and have wired it up so it works when you turn ignition on etc but cannot get it to work with my revs.

The unit comes with a plug which only has one sender wire going into it. I assume this is meant to go to your negative side on coil where i can get RPM from but it is not working.

If i swap the sender wire onto the positive side of the coil it registers RPM but it is not correct as it sits at about 2000 - 25000 RPM on idol and the pin is not steady. I can also wrap the sender wire around the coil lead going into dizzy but this maxes out the gauge well over 10,000 rpm.

I also have a digital volt meter (for testing purposes) with tacho feature on it. If i touch the positive wire from volt meter onto positive coil the volt meter picks up my RPM and shows correct figures.

Any gurus out there that can help with this would be great :)

Cheers,
Ozzie

·
Registered
nissan
102 Posts
ur tacho should have a switch on it to change it from 4-6-8 cyl or a couple of wires u join or cut make sure its in the right position the blue wire on the coil is the one u need to pick up off

·
Registered
nissan
102 Posts
blue wire going into coil, no idea if it goes to dizzy in the end, i just did efi conversion on mine and i had to hook the blue wire in std coil loom to blue wire on coil on efi loom to get tacho to work

rty hookin it up hpw you did when it worked but wasnt acurate and change switch positions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts