1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday
need some help in wiring the aircon and thermo fans
iv got them in and wired up - one thermo and one aircon - just thought if i could rewire it somehow to have two thermos when i turn the switch on, and one aircon when the thermos arnt on.

iv had a fiddle and all i can get is both the fans to turn on with the aircon (not such a bad thing i spose)
can anyone help?

ill post how i wired them tomorrow when i can see what numbers are on the relay
cheers dave

·
Registered
nissan
241 Posts
Have you done a search? Using the key words thermo and wiring should bring up my wiring diagram in a couple of threads.

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
You need to find the seperate relays for each of the fans first, run the A/C fan trigger wire to one relay, and the thermo trigger wire to both relays.

If you are running a working engine thermostat, i would leave both fans running for the A/C as well as for engine cooling, just as you already have it anyway.

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
You need to find the seperate relays for each of the fans first, run the A/C fan trigger wire to one relay, and the thermo trigger wire to both relays.

If you are running a working engine thermostat, i would leave both fans running for the A/C as well as for engine cooling, just as you already have it anyway.
That would still activate both, as the A/C trigger will operate the other through the connecting wire. But a good start.

Do as above but put a Diode between the A/C relay trigger and thermo trigger relay with the silver band on the relay on the A/C relay side.

I can whack up a diagram later if required... I should have left for work already.:driving:

Edit: Why do I go to work so early, oh yeah to catch up on the forum.

Here is the circuit diagram anyway:
2 Fans.jpg

The diode will stop the switched voltage from coming from the A/C, but will allow for the thermo switch to switch both. If one fan was speed dependant on temp, connect pin 30 to the temp sensor wire instead of the battery.

·
Registered
nissan
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
s h it hot. thanks mate
ill get on it over the weekend
cheers dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts