Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So finally stepped up in the world 05 series 4 zd30. Pretty pleased , it's going to take some getting used to this lack of balls 4 cylinder bit, The old sd33t pulled from heaps lower in the rev range .

Sent from Alf Stewart's rape dungeon .

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,841 Posts
I'm impressed ;). ECU remap and a couple of other small mods will fix that issue :). So does this mean you'll want to change your moderation section? :rolleyes:.

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will do the the nads mods just to keep it all good , been trying to get the father in law to do all that stuff since he has owned it and then hopefully leave it be until I can sort a possible conversion.
Nah stuff moving about , to busy put side of my mod section, lol and just started building a red one up for my son's 1st car .

Yeah blacks a pain in the arse , but it looks so awesome .

Yeah

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,426 Posts
So finally stepped up in the world 05 series 4 zd30. Pretty please, it's going to take some getting used to this lack of balls 4 cylinder bit, The old sd33t pulled from heaps lower in the rev range .

Congrats on pulling the pin on a GU. Looks like a neat wagon too.

Small mods make a huge difference to the way the ZD drives. I am still in shock at the difference a big exhaust makes. It pulls sections of HWY OD locked that I used to have to press it down into 3rd OD off now.

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah dump , exhaust , cleaning the inlet , all things on the cards .

·
Registered
Datsun Patrol MQ 1982 RB25DE NEO
842 Posts
Shiny black looks great! Cannot wait to see it covered in mud :)

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,608 Posts
Congratulations Paul....:cheers:

The upgrade has been a long time coming.

Reactions: Wish I Had Coils

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,049 Posts
Congrats on the new wagon mate.

Reactions: Wish I Had Coils

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So had the GU for a few months , done bugger all to it , changed a few lights out for better ones , done the gear box and transfer case oils , changed the rear axle seal out and greased the axle bearing as the oil was all washed out .

So with a bit of piss farting around I ended up with a junkie needle, more commonly known as grease injection needle
I also bought a new coupler ,works a treat.

My latest job was a tillex and needle valve kit . Got one through Tillex , ordered it late at night 2 days later it rocked up . Very impressive .

So fitted this all up. And what a difference it's made, boost spike all but a psi spike here and there and much happier patrol off the mark or so it seems.

Now just waiting for my 3" exhaust to turn up , so I can fit a pyro gauge and hopefully should make a bit more difference and make the old 3 litre liveable and more fuel efficient .

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Missed this somehow - congrats on the new wheels Paul.

You can get a ZD moving along nicely with the right mods.

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrads mate.
I'm still trying to get my head around my grenade.
Not a bad little engine but its no TD....

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Cheers Boyd , yeah the Zd is a little different from the Sd33t or my brother td42t but hey this cost me a hell of a lot less then his Patrol, well so far anyway

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Missed this somehow - congrats on the new wheels Paul.

You can get a ZD moving along nicely with the right mods.

Thanks Muzz , main thing for me is to try and get a bit of get up and go off the bottom end. So far the Tillix and needle valves have made a difference .
Really just want to make sure she keeps reliable until I'm ready for a conversion.

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Forgot done the glow plugs , and I have a kemo timer ready to do the glow plug timer mod .
Should do it this lot of days off.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Black series 4's look so good.
Congrats dude hard work paid off i'm sure.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,426 Posts
And look what just turned up

I'm interested to hear if you think it makes much of a difference. Initially I thought I'd keep the stock exhaust there if for some reason I'd wanted to change back - but no way in hell I'm going back.

your post reminded me to put it on scumtree today actually.

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
I'm interested to hear if you think it makes much of a difference. Initially I thought I'd keep the stock exhaust there if for some reason I'd wanted to change back - but no way in hell I'm going back.

your post reminded me to put it on scumtree today actually.
Ya better put it on Gumtree for "free to a good home" :) or top this one https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bal...sories/gu-patrol-2016-july-exhaust/1134201145

When I had my stock exhaust lying around I couldn't give it away - it went out on the hard rubbish, an no-one even scavenged it.....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts