Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Let you in a little secret , throw it all out apart from the cat , there worth good money for the right scrappy . Something about gold in them. Or some sort of valuable metal inside them . Dump pipes all but off now won't take long to get it all bolted up . Beers are helping along the way .

Sent from Alf Stewart's rape dungeon .

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,426 Posts
Ya better put it on Gumtree for "free to a good home" :) or top this one https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bal...sories/gu-patrol-2016-july-exhaust/1134201145

When I had my stock exhaust lying around I couldn't give it away - it went out on the hard rubbish, an no-one even scavenged it.....
I'm a bit worried that I wont even get a 6 pack for it. The sad thing is, its made better than the one that replaced it, its just the size of a drinking straw.

Give me that 3 inch sewer pipe goodness.

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got my exhaust done , the bloody turbo heat shield , FML. What a pain in the arse Anyway , got the exhaust now sound like a combination of a ricer and a wet fart. Does it go any better , yeah a little I guess , seems to rev out a lot quicker .
Interestingly I drove my mates that's standard directly after mine and his ****s all over it. Amazing how different 2 motors can be . Think I'm going to throw some injector cleaner in to see if that helps .

I now the father in law used to drive miss daisy , and my mate flogs the piss out of his, so I also wonder if a treat the old zd a little harsher whether it will help. I know we did that to an old 1hz cruiser at worknwould barley rev but by the end of the fire season it flew only thing we did was just rev the guts out of it . The thing loved it.

Sent from Alf Stewart's rape dungeon .

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Right all packed up , ready for a high country trip , be hitting the rd at 10 and heading to dargo via the long route , heading to licola 1st . Will get some pics tomorrow .

Updates are fuel economy is unchanged with tillex valve and needle valve and exhaust dowe , have pyro fitted . Temps are not excessive which is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So basically 1hr or close to it at the car wash , 1 1/2 hrs underneath wearing a yellow chemical suit , another couple of hrs in side , then a spent the day giving the old girl a wash , clay bar polish and wax. Got rid of a heap of scratches , she looks really good or did till it rain

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
After my glamour wash I Chucked a set of Dobinson 3" springs in the front to level the front out. Not bad for $50. Found out it had 30mm coils spacers in front, so as with every thing on a 4x4, one mod turns to another . So I really need to look at getting some new shocks and brake lines . Thinking of looking for some braided lines, not sure if any one has some I would like some remote res, shocks but they might have to wait . recommendations or ideas ???on either would be good

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So few small updates , finally got the patrol in my name, been pretty lazy . Got picked on a few minor things , the I major thing that pissed me off was the window tint , it was reflective so not legal. So off with the tint get the road worthy, and back round the corner for new tint . That was a $400 cost I could. Have done without .

I finally did the glow plug timer. Just hooked it all up, just needs to be mounted and wires tidied up, been In the back of my for a while so today was the day , Instructions were very easy to follow , cheers skeg for your detailed pics and write up , yet again p4x4 for the win .

Also did the swirl valve mod on the recommendations of Gu2, cheers definitely notice something not much but a little smoother , possibly a little better take off .

·
Registered
Nissan
786 Posts
After my glamour wash I Chucked a set of Dobinson 3" springs in the front to level the front out. Not bad for $50. Found out it had 30mm coils spacers in front, so as with every thing on a 4x4, one mod turns to another . So I really need to look at getting some new shocks and brake lines . Thinking of looking for some braided lines, not sure if any one has some I would like some remote res, shocks but they might have to wait . recommendations or ideas ???on either would be good

Sweet! Do you feel anything strange with the 3" lift? I've been told that beyond 2" I should relocate the gearbox or drop arms or it'll shake/rattle. I should paint my door handles black like yours :)

I'm thinking of 2" after I thought about 3", don't think I'm gonna need that lift, putting in mind I won't put extra weight like steel bumpers as they've been become forbidden lately for road safety BS (except if they come from factory).

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Definitely feels a little different , I feel like I have to chase the wheel a little mainly on the highway . But I am used to it , but I'm definitely going to chuck some castor bushes in or drop boxes to bring the front end geometry back to factory .

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Been a long time since I updated this post , So few upgrades on the old GU 1st was I new dash steering wheel and a gear knob . Good old Nissan and there rubbish leather and crappy glue under the dash

·
nissan
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So next purchase was dobinson remote res shocks and coils , extended rear arms , braided brake lines and sway bar extensions . And new tyres that was before the dash . Yokohama geolanders , awesome tyre very happy with them

21 - 40 of 43 Posts