Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You gotta be kidding.... Although if you could get say 3000 women, let em live together long enough until their rags syncronise, ship em to Afghanistan, it would be over in a week.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I don't see why women shouldn't be cannon fodder any less than blokes.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,790 Posts
You are right Mic, they burnt their bras in the 60's, time to pay the piper. I think it might be a bit of a problem though, taliban sees the bare hand / face, or just the thought, of a female soldier and is even more morally outraged in his tiny mind and so they become a "special target". Dont forget, these are the people who think women should only be indoors and covered head to foot, not allowed to work or get an education as it's a sin against allah.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Mic said:
I don't see why women shouldn't be cannon fodder any less than blokes.
x eleventy.. also gotta give the blokes something to do on R&R&R&R...

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Hmmmm... dunno... could have an upside.

If they could wind my missus up as much as I do sometimes, give her an automatic weapon and figure out a way to keep the ammo supply up to her I reckon the war would be all over in a week.

I was calling her "Sue" for a while till she worked out it was short for Tsunami...
the plaster comes off next week. Doc reckons 18 months of rehab and I might even be able to walk upright again

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
x eleventy.. also gotta give the blokes something to do on R&R&R&R...
Could bring in a course at the ADFA on "Giving and recieving Sexual Gratification"... Oh, wait, they already do that... and it's extra curricular so you get more credits towards your degree

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
the evil twin is my new favourite member for being generally awesome and for a period of 1 week will be part of the super happy friends club.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Hmmmm... dunno... could have an upside.

If they could wind my missus up as much as I do sometimes, give her an automatic weapon and figure out a way to keep the ammo supply up to her I reckon the war would be all over in a week.

I was calling her "Sue" for a while till she worked out it was short for Tsunami...
the plaster comes off next week. Doc reckons 18 months of rehab and I might even be able to walk upright again

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
There is no academic reason why there should not be women on the front line, only a physical one, as someone said they burnt their bra's for equal opportunity.
The big question is, does the ADF drop their high standards for level of fitness to allow it, then that's a problem.
My wife doesn't agree with it and she's a fairly independent minded woman.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
There is no academic reason why there should not be women on the front line, only a physical one, as someone said they burnt their bra's for equal opportunity.
The big question is, does the ADF drop their high standards for level of fitness to allow it, then that's a problem.
I tend to agree with you. The only hurdle would be for the women. Can they achieve the level of physical ability required? If so, then go for it i say. My wife would agree with me here. She's very 'independant' minded. lol. But then again, she'd never join the defence forces.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
the main problem is phsycological

THe main reason is and always will be If there is a woman in trouble a man will help her.
not saying in war blokes dont help each other. but if there was a bloke standing on the road about to get hit by a car. you try n help yeah? now its a pretty lady.. you would dive out and help her wouldn't you? Its inbedded in every man from times past. we instinctualy and subconsciously help women in danger.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
I may have a few chicks get abit angry at this but stuff it. I don't think women should be on the front line for a few reasons, one is phsycological reason that outback pointed out. Secondly the fitness level needed would generally smash them. When I was at a training 'school' we use to run bfa's which consist of max push ups in 2minutes, 100 held situps and something slow like 11 30 to do the 2.4km run in. In 18months of me being there, one girls was slightly competive, this woman was very fit and could do the 100 sit ups and about 50 push ups. On the 2.4 she was running a high 9minute and although this is good for most women, the blokes that could run were running low 8's. She was about 55kg when you put a 30-40kg pack on her she struggles alot more than other men.

The other reason is I have found is some women are dangerous to be around when you have live ammunition, not sure if it is lack of confidence or just abit or a gumby when it comes to throwing. I'm not sure I would feel confident having a woman shooting a 66 or similar around me. YMMV

·
Registered
nissan
229 Posts
Probably end up like the NSW Police Academy in Goulburn where the girlies all complained how the brick wall they had to climb over on the obstacle course was too high and the rough bricks hurt their boobies. Solution? Knock three courses off the wall and cover the top in rubber padding. Ensured they met their EEO quota. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Probably end up like the NSW Police Academy in Goulburn where the girlies all complained how the brick wall they had to climb over on the obstacle course was too high and the rough bricks hurt their boobies. Solution? Knock three courses off the wall and cover the top in rubber padding. Ensured they met their EEO quota. :rolleyes:
I Know exactly what your saying and that's when equal opportunities equals BS, there aren't that many GI Janes around.

·
Registered
Nissan/GU
1,083 Posts
I'm a front line combat soldier at the moment and would seriously discharge before I have a female fight beside me. The young blokes all ready whinge enough to be classified as bitches. However lets talk about modern equal rights crap.......equal rights.....huh.....still yet to see that. Women in Defence already get 'special priveledges' towards careers and courses. Even out field they have special female hygiene requirements. I want my shower every couple of days, equal rights pffft, I want equal rights alright, maybe I need to burn my jocks.
Quite simply if they want equal rights give it to them, no more seperate fitness test requirements, if the women want the job a 18-25 female needs to be able to do 40 pushups on her feet, not 21. And her run do it in 11:18 not get given an extra 2:12 with 13:30. I'm sure some females could do it and good on them. But give them 'equal rights' or STFU and leave them to non-combat roles.

So next years olympics are going to see no more seggregation between male and female competition because we are all equal and should be treated so. Men are stronger, quicker and more mentally capable to deal with the stresses of combat. End rant....

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I'm a front line combat soldier at the moment and would seriously discharge before I have a female fight beside me. The young blokes all ready whinge enough to be classified as bitches. However lets talk about modern equal rights crap.......equal rights.....huh.....still yet to see that. Women in Defence already get 'special priveledges' towards careers and courses. Even out field they have special female hygiene requirements. I want my shower every couple of days, equal rights pffft, I want equal rights alright, maybe I need to burn my jocks.
Quite simply if they want equal rights give it to them, no more seperate fitness test requirements, if the women want the job a 18-25 female needs to be able to do 40 pushups on her feet, not 21. And her run do it in 11:18 not get given an extra 2:12 with 13:30. I'm sure some females could do it and good on them. But give them 'equal rights' or STFU and leave them to non-combat roles.

So next years olympics are going to see no more seggregation between male and female competition because we are all equal and should be treated so. Men are stronger, quicker and more mentally capable to deal with the stresses of combat. End rant....
Agree, except maybe the mental capability part. regardless, I agree.

BUT, there are a lot of people touting the whole "bloke's would be distracted", or "blokes would just wanna root them" or "blokes would rape them", or " blokes would just be trying to perve on them" etc... common link? BLOKES. These points (always brought up by blokes) don't wash and are pathetic.

IF the women can meet the minimum required capabilities - then they should be allowed in. If not, stiff chit. It is necessary to be able to pull your own weight, and that of another comrade, god forbid, if necessary. No concessions. It's not a game when people are facing the cannon.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
There were no women in the Army when I was there. Just didn't happen then. Worked OK.

I think there's probably some things they could do but I'd be uneasy if I had to rely on them for physical back-up. Not against them doing work they are suited to.

In the Police women can be very useful. An example would be arresting a teenage girl shoplifter...a real pain in the arse. They squeal and cry and blubber...very hard to deal with. That could be a good job for a WPC.

On the other hand, out at night in an 'I' car I'd much prefer another big bloke to watch my back.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts