Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 89 tb42
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the head on a tb42 full reco went back together easy, Recheck everything and went to start her up ,just turned over like it had no spark, recheck spark awesome spark, replaced coil , dis. cap and rotor , new plugs etc , still not runninng , removed fuel pump from tank its working fine check fuel to carbie , pumping heaps of fuel inside carbie but i cant seem to see the fuel mist, spray inside carbie from fuel jets when maunally pump carbie by hand i had two days of trying to get to start even on gas she wont go i starting to think the carbie has stop working as it only worked fine two weeks ago any ideas would be helpful and the timing is fine recheck that twice cheers

·
Registered
543 Posts
Are you 100% sure you have the timing and firing order correct

·
Registered
nissan patrol 89 tb42
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill try aerostart in cylinders as i did put a cap full of fuel down to kickstart it along didnt even get a splutter from it , at my wits ends with the old girl thanks guys for you help

·
Registered
nissan
418 Posts
Did you phaze the rotor button?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
yeah you didn't put the rotor 180 deg. out?

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,558 Posts
yeah you didn't put the rotor 180 deg. out?
I did that to an old grey motored holden I had as a young bloke after swapping the head and couldn't get the old girl to fire even when skull dragging it behind my uncle's landrover at 40 mph lmao

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
I did that to an old grey motored holden I had as a young bloke after swapping the head and couldn't get the old girl to fire even when skull dragging it behind my uncle's landrover at 40 mph lmao
Lmfao! I did it with my VS Statesman, after Assuring myself it was right i tried everything! mate came over switched it back around and Bam!
My bets still on timing.

·
Registered
nissan gu
84 Posts
Non Starter

What part of the country are you in?
If you're near me, I'll take a look at it for you, had my old 89 Mav. for 14 years.
I'm sure many others on here wouldn't mind helping either if you're near them.
Much easier to diagnose in the flesh.
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol 89 tb42
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys for your help ,to gusty ute i live in redlands but the truck is up at mackay as i work out west in mine industy im grabbing my boss who was a mechanic to take a look with me to see what i f###ed up as i at a loss to why she not goes .Thats the fun of owning old 4bys cheers guys for ur help

·
Registered
nissan
1,527 Posts
I am guessing 180 degrees out. I did that once to a Mazda 626. It wanted to fire but did not. It had me stumped. Anyway, I rotated the dizzy & hey presto - it worked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts