Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
to put the story in a nut shell. we at work are paid a bonus thru extra work required like brake pads and the likes. anyway things like that we make a small amount on as sort of an incentive to do the jobs.
anyway would you consider it theft if your having your bonus stolen by another staff member and turning this into his bonus and taking the cream? as far as im concerned this is theft and its been happening for 3 years.
what would you guys think the best way to go about this is. tried talking to service managers and foreman about problem but nobody seems to give a rats. am thinking along the lines of hr or coporate. its a fairly big name dealer in seq and even to a lesser name australia.
cheers fellas

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Keep the problem fresh in the managers brains, and occasionally put a penny in the slot too.

Steal back, coz f*** them.

Glue their toolboxes shut.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,849 Posts
If someone is taking you work before you get to it, one must ask, what's taking yu so long... or am i missing something? But hey, sounds liek theft to me...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
Maybe im missing something but to me it sounds like he is trying to say HE does the extra and someone else is passing HIS work off as their own and getting paid the bonus for work they didnt actually do?

·
Registered
nissan
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Na can't glue his toolbox as all he has at work is surfing mags. And no it's not so much over servicing. Like if your cars brakes are real low an we report them and do the job we get a small % of the labour from the job. Kind of like saying thanks for finding the company an extra half hours work or the likes. But yeah if I'm entitled to the money as my bonus then why should he get half it. He has his own ways of making himself a little richer but as it is he is also lining his pocket with my money. Theiving arsehole

·
Registered
174 Posts
He is obviously a surfer so invite him out surfing and when he isnt looking cut a small hole in the back of his board big enough to fit a small tin of sardines, then cut a hole or two in the tin and secure. then send him out to catch a few waves and watch him collect his bonus then :p
Here sharky sharky

·
Registered
nissan
339 Posts
BeNos, the company must have some sort of policy regarding this. You have the full right to know what the policy is. Easiest way to find out is to get in touch with HR and ask them to send you a copy of this. Once you understand the policy and is still convinced that it is being inappropriately misused to your detriment, then report the issue to HR so that they can get the matter resolved.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
take him out the back and sort him out ........ make sure there is no witnesses so it comes down to a he said, she said.

·
Registered
Nissan
341 Posts
If it's money that should rightly go to you, yes - it's stealing.

Keep details of dates, parts used, rego numbers, customer details, etc. Also details of work done and who did it. After about a month, tally up how much you are missing (should be same amount as the other dude is pocketing on your behalf!)

Then create an invoice for the missing bit and hand it to your Service Manager. At the very least, it'll show them you are doing your work and are p!ssed off about it.

If no result from Service Manager, go over his head, but only after he has had an opportunity to respond.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Speak with HR.

You will need a list of dates and times that you reported this to the workshop foreman etc to take it further.

but sounds like all it will do is get you the arse.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Is this guy doing all his regular work as well? Is he doing it properly, up to standard / by the book?

Is it possible that he can do all his regular work quicker than others in a similar position?
Is he getting easier jobs than others in the workplace ?
Is his workspace the same, does he have better tools etc ?

If he's just doing a better job, quicker and more efficiently try to learn from him and get to his standard and eat into his bonus.

If you start making allegations of fraud / stealing / unfair work practices you can easily find yourself copping in the rs if there's the slightest hint of you being bitter and twisted about someone who's doing a better job and getting rewarded for it.

I think that you might need to really coldly an objectively go through all of the facts and then make another assessment. If the guy is actually really good at his job getting bitter and twisted about it will only do your head in and you'll end up being the one who suffers.

Obviously I don't know all the facts but you will. Write them down. Keep your cool and try to see it how others would.

I hope some of that is helpful.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
143 Posts
Na can't glue his toolbox as all he has at work is surfing mags. And no it's not so much over servicing. Like if your cars brakes are real low an we report them and do the job we get a small % of the labour from the job. Kind of like saying thanks for finding the company an extra half hours work or the likes. But yeah if I'm entitled to the money as my bonus then why should he get half it. He has his own ways of making himself a little richer but as it is he is also lining his pocket with my money. Theiving arsehole
Is there a Job Sheet that you need to fill in after completing each job? If the is such a document you should make a note of the "additional service" that you provided to the customer. Then you would have proof to make a case to management!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
reminds me of a salesman i once new. all the others where making all the sales but for some reason this guy got big commission and all the others got very little. turns out he was manning the till and would take the commission from everyone else's sales.
he got the boot fairly quickly.

·
Registered
nissan
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
paul,
na the only thing he is good at is lying to customers to make money for the company. he is the most dishonest bloke i know. and does he do his job properly, hell no he doesnt have to do much and he cannot do that. like all he has to do is great the customer, go thru the speal when they pick it up, update job cards and put jobs on there so i can clock onto them. and well needless to say he only does half of em. so its definately not a bitter attack cause he is better than me. its more of a case of the whole workshop wanting to punch him in the head haha. and they way he is going this could be the most likely outcome pretty soon.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
100% keep a diary. Back your stuff up with dates and facts

·
Registered
nissan
92 Posts
Thats why I preferred smaller dealerships and small workshops because it was all very visible who was doing the work and who wasnt. So is this guy just a service advisor then not a mech, then if thats the case the service manager wont care because he is one of them and they have a tendincy to look after themselves. (I have been in both roles but because of this I look after the mechs)

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,751 Posts
If the whole workshop hates him get the whole workshop to let him know.....otherwise you are alone.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
It doesnt sound like stealing, just him doing your work?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I dont really understand what the situation is from what you have described

I some dealerships the techs are encouraged to look for extra work needed and they tell the service advisor who will than call the owner & try to sell the job to them

If the owner gives the go ahead both the tech & the service advisor will normally get a bonus payment for the extra work sold

Perhaps you can better explain what is happening in your situation

Regards Don

1 - 20 of 27 Posts