Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i am looking at buying a run around ute after finding one on the net and sending a message to the seller this is the reply i got ( i have taken out the rego and dollars ). Its a 99 falcon ute

Hi,
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'm a soldier serving in the Australian Air Force and I was transferred to a new military base in WA. I am providing Pre-Afghanistan Deployment Training (Desert Training).
If you are still interested in buying my car, I'm asking $xxxx (I've lowered the price because I'm running out of time). The car is road worthy. Rego until Aug 2011. It has a clear title, very well maintained, always garage kept, excellent condition, runs and sounds 100% perfect with no leaks or noises. Engine starts right up, sounds great and there are no strange noises. No hail damage. I have to sell the car as fast as I can because in three weeks I will be deployed to Afghanistan and I'll stay there for a while. I intend to buy a new one when I get back home.
No need to worry about the car because it is here with me at the military base and I can ship it anywhere in Australia.
I also need to know if you have the cash to buy the car, because there are a lot of interested buyers. You don't have to worry about the distance. You'll love the car, I can guarantee you that!
Details:
Registration#: xxxxxx 165354 Km's. Rego is until Aug 2011. Just had it serviced. Mechanically A1.
PS: I'll remove the listing myself soon because I just need to decide who will be the next owner.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Never buy unseen, no matter how good it sounds.

Don't worry, there will be others. Do you care a **** what the seller is doing? Nah...you just want a car.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
do a revs check on the car and call the guy on a fixed phone at the military base i know that this can be done if all is good go for it

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Please send your cash deposit to the bank of nigeria .......

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
The ****ed up spelling and rhythm of speech sounds pretty aussie to me. Give him your cash, she be roit. lol

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
hey yeah they are still deploying to afgan , my mate in townsville is going in to the same thing , ready for deployment ect ect ect , still its safer to buy local , and its anyones guess as to what the ute could be ? does it have tyres ?????:/.lol

Sounds like a true answer but better to be safe then sorry!!!!

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
One thing i noticed ,

... Runs great , no noises, 100% perfect ... No noises , no strange noises !
Hmmmm
A silenced ute???

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
scam ! 100%, i copped a few of these exact email responses, all for ridiculously low priced adds.
Miraculously deleted as soon as i noted it to the car/sale/websites.
if it aint got any details, iespecially a phone no. it is a scam.
Apparently there is at least 1 in every make of vehicle advertised.

ps. i encounterred 4 when i was lookin for a a 4by in dec last year alone.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Give me yaa money I will check it out for ya, I need some bits for the mav. At least that way you will know where the money has gone.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The 'soldiers' reply is grammatically quite good and shows some intelligence.
This guy is clearly NOT a ute driver!

Buyer beware.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Ask some obvious questions
Sometimes these 12 year old brainfarts doin these adds cant answer technical Qs

Is there finance on the car (yeah seriously who owns their cars outright nowadays)
Whats the finance company name ???
Viewing time ???
Payment on pik up ???
Just a few for ya

Failing that dodgy as all hell

1 - 20 of 23 Posts