Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Over there somewhere...
Nissan
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched, but couldn't find a lot.

I'm ready for a set of new tyres. I currently have 265x75 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armours. They have done almost 70 000 kms and while they are still just legal, they are a bit slippery now that wet season has started.

What's the normal life expectancy out of different brands?

·
Over there somewhere...
Nissan
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do about 50 000 kms a year and I this is the second set due to the life of them. Is anything else comparable in life?

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
I've done 40,000km on mine in a 255/75r17 and they are wearing well although I think they do not hold their balance too well.

They are alright. Offer expected levels of traction for their tread type on all surfaces.

They are between 40 and 50% tread depth.

·
Over there somewhere...
Nissan
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That rings a bell. I've had a hell of a time keeping them balanced, usually about every 10 000 or so.

It's good though that the mob I buy them from up here rotates and balances them for free every 5000 kms

·
Over there somewhere...
Nissan
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a thought for everyone when chasing tyre prices. I know we all shop around, but make sure you check different outlets under the same name.

I rang two different Beaurepaires stores in Cairns. The first store quoted $405 fitted per tyre, and the other Beaurepaires store quoted $345 fitted per tyre.

Go figure.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts