1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan grandroad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people.

Thanks in advance for the help.
I have a Nissan Safari hi roof LWB 1992 with 33's on it and a 2'' lift. The springs are Coby and the shocks are all Raw make with a 2'' capibility.
My problem is the truck looks like it is not straight like it is crabbing when I look at it from the rear and the right rear tyre sticks out more from the guard than the left. I have a 2° castor kit in the front arms but I have done nothing to the rear axle or trailing arms or panhard rod. It is all std in the rear. I have had the lift kit in now for over 12 months but I never noticed thi until recently. I am not a serious 4WD'er just need the lift for towing and for crossing rivers when I am fishing. The rear diff is also on angle to the driveshaft I.e. facing up a little. The front drive shaft is good nice and central.
What are your thoughts and how can I fix the rear wheel issue sticking out, the body on an angle and the axle facing up issue?
The whole body looks like it is on an angle if that all makes sense???

Kind regards

Geoff.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
10 mm longer rear lower control arms and adjustable rear panhard

·
Registered
nissan grandroad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10 mm longer rear lower control arms and adjustable rear panhard
Hi And thanks for the comments. When you say lower control arms 10 mm longer can this be achieved by installing an off set bushing in the existing arm like the castor bushes for the front or do I need to buy new ones. What will this fix???? the diff angle? I thought the panhard rod might be the issue but how is it set up once installed? I.e. how do you center the diff? Any information on how to do this would be great. I can't seem to find any information on the net.

Kind regards

Geoff.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Hi And thanks for the comments. When you say lower control arms 10 mm longer can this be achieved by installing an off set bushing in the existing arm like the castor bushes for the front or do I need to buy new ones. What will this fix???? the diff angle? I thought the panhard rod might be the issue but how is it set up once installed? I.e. how do you center the diff? Any information on how to do this would be great. I can't seem to find any information on the net.

Kind regards

Geoff.
buy new lower control arms from Superior Engineering-they will push the bottom of the diff back and changing diff angle
buy adjustable panhard from Superior and it will re align diff by adjusting to suit once fitted

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
I would buy the longer lower control arms first & see how she sits before buying the adjustable panard rod. They may tell you to fit shorter top control arms rather than longer lower arms ( does the same thing as far as changing the angle of the diff) if you have or are planing to fit an AUX fuel tank on the drivers side at any stage I would go with the adj top bent arms so they clear the tank. I have a 2" lift with longer lower arms & bent standard size upper arms & when I bought the adj rear panard rod I found it wouldn't go short enough so superior took it back & made me another one. But my tyres were about 30-40mm to the left. Measure your front tyres both sides to the guards and see what side there heading over.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol/Maverick
593 Posts
I had the same issue and Patrolapart fitted the adjustable panhard for me. The 25mm it stuck out on the right was immediately fixed. They also told me a 2" normally doesn't need it but once fitted all fixed.

·
Registered
nissan grandroad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would buy the longer lower control arms first & see how she sits before buying the adjustable panard rod. They may tell you to fit shorter top control arms rather than longer lower arms ( does the same thing as far as changing the angle of the diff) if you have or are planing to fit an AUX fuel tank on the drivers side at any stage I would go with the adj top bent arms so they clear the tank. I have a 2" lift with longer lower arms & bent standard size upper arms & when I bought the adj rear panard rod I found it wouldn't go short enough so superior took it back & made me another one. But my tyres were about 30-40mm to the left. Measure your front tyres both sides to the guards and see what side there heading over.
Thanks. The front looks fine but now that it is mentioned I have not changed the front drag link or front panhard and perhaps I need to do this also. With regards to your tyres being 30 - 40 mm to the left..........Are you say your rear tyres, All four tyres or just front tyres. Also left I am assuming you are looking from the rear of the vehicle making the left hand side the passengers side. I am sorry to be picky but I am just trying to understand the issue and sometimes it take a bit to sink in. Thanks
Oh incidentially I will be looking at making all the extended parts myself as we have access to an engineering facility and the cost wil be very low. We like to try to make as much as we can........Pehaps thats the reason for being picky so I can understand tolerances and where datum measurements are on the vehicle.

Kind regards

Geoff

·
Registered
nissan grandroad
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
buy new lower control arms from Superior Engineering-they will push the bottom of the diff back and changing diff angle
buy adjustable panhard from Superior and it will re align diff by adjusting to suit once fitted
Thanks but how do you adjust it to suit. Do you just keep winding it out or in and take measurements from the guards with a rule??

Thanks for your reply.
Kind regards

Geoff

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
wind it in or out and measure from chassis till exactly same both sides

1 - 10 of 10 Posts