Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Tableware Font Wine glass Paper Paper product
ok so howmuch oil? I cant check the level now as ive melted the dipstick in half lol, another on will be 6-9 weeks away...

·
Registered
nissan
5,308 Posts
The fluid capacity total showing in your pic includes the torque convertor. When you drain the pan only, you get 4 to 4.5 litres.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The fluid capacity total showing in your pic includes the torque convertor. When you drain the pan only, you get 4 to 4.5 litres.
Cheers mate ive put 5 ltrs in just to be safe, untill i get my new dipstick. Oe do you think drain half a ltr out?

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Seems alot better now will take it for a drive and see what happens, breather cleared no more gurgling noise after engine shutoff.

·
Registered
nissan
5,308 Posts
Shouldn’t hurt to leave it. If it’s really too much it will probably find it’s way out through the breather again :)

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanx alot mate i really appreciate your help, 👌👍 was shi##ing myself there for abit 😆

·
Registered
nissan
5,308 Posts
If it helps, I can measure one of my spare dipsticks in relation to the outer tube (which can have varying lengths depending on vehicle) so you can make something temporary.

The length it dips into the pan will always be the same.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If it helps, I can measure one of my spare dipsticks in relation to the outer tube (which can have varying lengths depending on vehicle) so you can make something temporary.

The length it dips into the pan will always be the same.
That would be great mate put my mind at ease 👍 cheers

·
Registered
nissan
5,308 Posts
I was able to get to it earlier.
Distance from case where dipstick tube is inserted into pan is 130mm.

Ruler Tape measure Hand tool Tool Office ruler

I measured my dipstick at 650mm and my tube at 520mm but your tube might be a different length so only the 130mm longer than the length of your tube matters.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I was able to get to it earlier.
Distance from case where dipstick tube is inserted into pan is 130mm.

View attachment 536809

I measured my dipstick at 650mm and my tube at 520mm but your tube might be a different length so only the 130mm longer than the length of your tube matters.
Thanx mate👌

·
Registered
--- 1989 GQ SWB --- --- 1995 GQ UTE ---
29 Posts
once the vehicle is running the oil level is way too high on the dipstick and the dipstick is frothy like
@GQ bush man Transmission level is checked once the transmission is warm and gears have all been cycled through well, with the car running. Have you added to the level in recent times?

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
@GQ bush man Transmission level is checked once the transmission is warm and gears have all been cycled through well, with the car running. Have you added to the level in recent times?
Hi mate yes a few months ago once i changed my trans cooler to a different one..

·
Registered
nissan
5,308 Posts
You can check the level hot or cold. The dipstick has different level markings on each side.
Similar to PS fluid levels.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts