Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had trouble with a warn high mount not fitting with out cutting or spacing the winch, top lip that is folded over to strenghthen the winch cradel is in the way of bolting up the winch, tried ringing them no answer on there phones
states on there site fits most winches low or high mount, well I only know of one company that makes a hign mount winch being warn, not happy jan :mad:

·
Registered
131 Posts
haha yeh mate i had the same problem a month ago wen i put mine on.. is it the old highmount? i had to cut my brand new bar and the top hoop blocks the socket to plug the controller in too mate.. i called mill and said its bul**** he just said theres nothing he can do hes in mansfield.. i said its advertised as a frigin comp bar and doesnt fit a highmont? what ****en comp truck doesnt run a highmount wtf? i can post up pics of how i cut it if you want mate

·
Banned
682 Posts
Isn't it possible to change the control box angle by a few degrees? that should clear the socket.
What a let down Lindon having to change what looks to be a great bar too. Sounds like a false advertising to me.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't it possible to change the control box angle by a few degrees? that should clear the socket.
What a let down Lindon having to change what looks to be a great bar too. Sounds like a false advertising to me.
same here john I agree, fits most winch yeah right, but anyway just done what everyone else has and chopped up a brand new bar :mad:

yota, nah mate I'm lucky to be installing a brand new High mount at the same time, so it''s the currenr one with plig socket on the end :)

bloke on facebook I know also had the same problem, he was asked when buying the bar and told them a high mount so they notched the bar beefore powder coating it, but he still had to cut more out of it

must say I think this is bloody poor and pathetic sales from millweld, to advertise the bar as being high mount compatible and there not

at least fricking say on the site will need minor mods for a high mount winch to fit, so please advise us on ordering what winch you intende to run :confused:

still nice tuff looking bars tho :D

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Yes still one o the best looking bars on the market, would love to see some pics :)

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Can those eyelets be used for recovery purposes or for the winch hook only?

Sorry if hijacking

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts

Sorry if hijacking
Im pritty sure there rated for recovery, but id feel more comfortable using the recovery plates that bolt straight onto the chassis

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Sorry if hijacking
NO!!!, they are only rated at a surprisingly low swl rate, and are just thru the front plate of the bar, with nothing to reinforce them from behind, reckon they would become a deadly missile

they have provisions for rated tow hooks either side, like in the picture of mine bellow

Yes still one o the best looking bars on the market, would love to see some pics :)

here is what hides under the scoop

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Hi Mounts fit Cheezy Racing bars

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Mounts fit Cheezy Racing bars

I'm getting suspicious you might actually have a vested interest in cheezy, sudso, yeah well I alway thought the mill weld did to, but don't matter still a batter looking bar than the cheezy in my opinion

nice ute anymore info on it ? that looks like a TB48 plenom just poking it's head up in the engne bay

·
Registered
nissan
1,962 Posts
NO!!!, they are only rated at a surprisingly low swl rate, and are just thru the front plate of the bar, with nothing to reinforce them from behind, reckon they would become a deadly missile

they have provisions for rated tow hooks either side, like in the picture of mine bellow
Do they now come pre drilled for the recovery hooks or did you have to drill like I did?

And your correct, those eyes are only rated to 1.4t. No were near enough for a 4wd recovery.

·
Banned
682 Posts
I'm getting suspicious you might actually have a vested interest in cheezy, sudso, yeah well I alway thought the mill weld did to, but don't matter still a batter looking bar than the cheezy in my opinion

nice ute anymore info on it ? that looks like a TB48 plenom just poking it's head up in the engne bay
I have to say that bar looks bloody aweful, just my opinion though

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chrismav nope pre drilled mate, guess they seen a need for it

John you mean the cheezy on that ute ? if so yeah I agree

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts

Dont know, that ute is on their website.
Nah, got no vested interest at all with cheezy/FAT. Millweld may have though, their bars do look based on the cheezy ones. Apart from the centre hoop and high grill blocking platework in the middle they look identical to me :confused:

·
Banned
682 Posts
Yep the cheezy one Lindon.
The only way I would ever use those points is by using a bridle strap and then only in an emergency. Only rated at 2t lift weight

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes agree John, only good for holding your winch hook, and might get away with being able to use them as a return anchor point when using a block, but nothing else or they will eventually let go

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you want a good strong bar that takes high/lowmounts check out Bidders 4wd work he is cheeper then cheezy and millweld and workmanship is awsome.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq turbo deisel
32 Posts
hey tassie patrol wanting to put gu scoop on my gq for a cooler like yours does it fit ok in middle of bonnet or beter on side?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts