Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,552 Posts
Was it one of the other 3rd's guys? Had some russian sounding name I think

But on topic I dont think you'll get more flex than 10-11" of front shock travel on a Patrol without other mods to relieve binding up?
You agree?

·
Registered
nissan
418 Posts
I dont

·
Registered
640 Posts
3 week ago i did a whole lot of data measurements and as to exactly what was available from a GU8 front. ~340mm at the spring towers was diff snotting the sump, approx 770mm at the towers was bind on the factory joints which have the largest working angle. Changing to a cranked / bent draglink will increase the working angles, but is not recommended.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
z-bar with Heim joints will gain a few more inchs without breaking ball joints, 80 series bushed radius arms with a x-link is def the way to go running coil overs.

Superior flex arm will just have to do for now will sell it off later and buy the 80 series bushed radius arms then go x-link and save for the coil overs.

Seriously tho dont see how running both will hinder each other you could only imagine that the two together would gain more then what the one or the other could do on its own, but yes its a way over the top idea and ill shut up before the hate mail rolls through lol.

·
Registered
nissan
6,182 Posts
Hey mate do you also do the locking pin for on road driving
The last time Reaper01 logged in was 2018 so don't hold your breath waiting for a reply, however in his last profile post responding to someone asking if he still made the X -link he said; "yes i am, no lock out pins anymore, "

I'm guessing the reason for no locking pins is that the Xlinks aren't legal for on road use and making the locking pin could be seen as encouraging that.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts