Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv been looking into X-links now i know this has been discussed a few times in the past iv looked over alot of older threads on the subject of X-links, 5 links and flexi arms but i cant seem to find any real solid knowladge about what i want to know

here is a picture i found with google image search the red circle i know holds onto the diff there (pivot point) and the orange circles are where im getting confused,

now tell me if im wrong but from what i can see and understand the orange circles bolt the X-link to the front bolt holes on the arms directly (but not the diff), and the rear bolts still go in there normal spot on the rear off the diff?

Any help in helping me understand the mounting setup on this would be much appreciated Cheers Evil!

Attachments

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Your correct, red circle is the pivot point attached to the diff, orange is if the front bolts on the arms.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Sim i thought this was the chase with it

next question now the brackets for the front bolt position, are these cut off to allow for clearance for the X-link ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys now im 100 percent on the ball with the xlink :D
now when iv sorted sh|t out with the truck ill attempt to make my own style something i can lock and unlock so its good for road use also

thanks again

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Evil just noticed your in NQLD. Are you on 4x4 Play FNQ

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks **** that was very helpful ill refer to them photos more in the next few months when i attempt the build :)

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
yeah mate another north Queenslander i actually live south an hour Townsville :)
and no im not on 4x4 Play FNQ but i will definitly check it out see what its about
Next time we do forum trip to Dalbeg I'll try and let you know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts