Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)

As my nick states, i'm a rookie regarding all off road and patrol matters, but, i now one thing, i'm soon to be a Patrol owner. I've allways been fascinated by the 5 door Y60 and i'm close to fulfill mu dream.

I've been driving several Y60 and finaly found one i like and can afford, but it has a problem as the title shows.

I took it off road and it was great, it is has it looks and does not disappoint, It's GReat. on the road i've done some 1000 km and everything was fine but these last two days i've noticed something very weird. if i don´t floor the throttle everything is Ok if i'm driving calmly there are no problems, but if i'm going in 5fh at 100 Kph for instance and i floor the throttle, the revs go up but the speed does not. it does not loose speed but doen't accelerate. the engine rev´s ok up to 3000rpms.

I had the car in 4H and 4L and it was great, I admit i haven't tried to floor the throttle in 5th + 4L or 4H, or even in 4th. up to 3rh i haven't noticed anything irregular but let´s not forget my nickname...

In town if i'm going in 3trh and to overtake I put the pedal to the floor the rev counter goes up, the engine revs up (there more noise) but i can feel that the revs aren't going to the wheels.

I find this weird because if i drive it with easy, obeying all the speed limits i could not notice it, only if you really give it, does this happen.

Can any one shine some light on me?
i've payed attention to the temperature gauge and it went above the middle.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YouTube

Here you can see the normal running of the engine, however sometimes when the revs go above the 3000 rpms it seems like the power is not going to the wheels...

thank you for the help

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y60
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, i've already changed the video settings.

I´ve started searching for clutches but the price range is very big. I found complete reinforced Clutches at 200 USD other's at 600USD in Portugal they cost around 450 Euro, about 620 USD.

I must search better and gather the most information i can before buying anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts