Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post. Been hanging around for a while but have finally joined up.
I am the proud owner of an '87 Y60 SWB.
Over the last couple of years rust has been catching up with the poor old girl. So, it is currently at the bodyworks getting a total going over, new sills, drip rails, doors and guards.
I have done a search and the question I have is the Back Sliding Windows have always let in moisture/water between where the two pieces of glass meet vertically.
It is obvious that the seal is no good. I have been told that I cannot buy this seal as a separate part, only with the glass. The frames aren't in too bad condition but all the rubbers will need replacing.
Has anyone had any experience fitting the Aluminium replacements made by Oz Auto Moulds into a Shorty? I was just wondering what people’s opinions on them were.
The other option we are looking at is fitting a set of Emu Wings. We like the idea of improved access to the back seat as we do use it as a family car.
There is a massive difference in price between the two so just looking for opinions from people who may have experience in either.
Thanks, Ben.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
52 Posts
i fitted some SWB alloy rear window frames from a company in WA about 5 or more years ago

they are fine

only little things is the catch/latch on the window frame that the plastic latch on the glass clips onto needs to come off the old steel frame and pop riveted onto the alloy frames and it is a pain to like up the flock felt seal the windows slide in with the drain holes in the alloy frame also

other then that fine

i bought new rubber frame seals from my local nissan dealer on the gold coast, they were ridiculously expensive, like $6-800 for the pair or something, that was before i found about Garry from Nizzbits
he is a good bloke, great service and good prices.

just don't waste to many 10s of thousands on an old car unless you plan to keep it like i have ;)

cheers
Cody

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
i fitted some SWB alloy rear window frames from a company in WA about 5 or more years ago

they are fine

only little things is the catch/latch on the window frame that the plastic latch on the glass clips onto needs to come off the old steel frame and pop riveted onto the alloy frames and it is a pain to like up the flock felt seal the windows slide in with the drain holes in the alloy frame also

other then that fine

i bought new rubber frame seals from my local nissan dealer on the gold coast, they were ridiculously expensive, like $6-800 for the pair or something, that was before i found about Garry from Nizzbits
he is a good bloke, great service and good prices.

just don't waste to many 10s of thousands on an old car unless you plan to keep it like i have ;)

cheers
Cody
X2 replaced mine with alloy frames around 10 years ago, using both of those companies

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
I will look into the aluminium frames you are talking about. Can you remember the name of the company that sells them?
Did you have any trouble with the vertical seal on the glass leaking?
I have been buying parts off Garry for quite a while now and cannot say enough good things about his service and prices.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Windows West.

I had a windscreen place install mine , only issue was the locking tabs as explained above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts