Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2019 Y61 GCC specs . Recently my car started clunking sound over speed bumps the sound is more clear when I take it slowly over the bumps. Sound also comes when turning right or left when the suspension plays (not over the bumps) . Got it checked with local garage they couldn’t diagnose any major problems.
Any suggestions what could be the possible cause ??

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,907 Posts
Could well be swaybar links but they are pretty solid unless the ball joint nut(s) have loosened, also check rubber bushes, but damn, a 2019 should be as tight as a drum.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,470 Posts
Whenever mine made noise from the front suspension it was always the front sway bar links. Try disconnecting the front sway bar and see if the noise stops

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,870 Posts
While the car is parked, grab the roof rails or gutters and rock the car from side to side as hard as you can.
Might show if something's loose....

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,842 Posts
My guess is the mushroom bushes on the back of the radius arms. Could be any bush, bearing or tie rod joint in the front suspension though.

Stuffed mushroom bushes can make a very solid clunk.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,907 Posts
Going to be interesting as to what it turns out to be with a '2019' model, I'm surprised. There are still a couple of genuine bushes remaining in my 2000 GU and it has done a lot of work.

·
Registered
2011 crd wagon
66 Posts
mine makes noises doing similar things . found it is the left front spring moving on the bottom support . i can grab the bottom of the spring and move it slightly . i had a similar issue in a commodore . i slipped a piece of hose over the bottom coil and that fixed it for over 20 years until i sold it . haven't bothered with the patrol as i hope to do a 2" lift in 6 months .

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,442 Posts
Going to be interesting as to what it turns out to be with a '2019' model, I'm surprised. There are still a couple of genuine bushes remaining in my 2000 GU and it has done a lot of work.
4x4s from that part of the world do extra hard work, im sure you have seen vids of cruisers and patrols on dunes and the abuse they cop.🙂

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,907 Posts
Still doesn't seem right, vehicle is std as he said earlier, I'm still leaning toward something in the swaybar system, let's see.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Some time ago I had a horrible thumping noise coming from under the car (wrangler) every time I turned or speed humped. BANG! LOUD AND NASTY! Ball joints? Sway bar links? Shock bushes? Broken suspension components? Ok its not a pootrol, but I ended up finding the issue 😂😂😂. A 1 inch pebble stuck between the chassis mount rock slider and the rubber mounted body. Corner the car to the left, or speed hump it, gap between body and chassis. opens, pebble slides in. Gap closes, pebble bangs its way out. And waits for the next opportunity.
Dont forget to look outside the square!

·
Registered
nissan gq
3,005 Posts
Do you have a recovery link or trailer tongue in a receiver hitch,or large shackles hanging loose rattling ? grab hold and give 'em a shake,y'know " shake rattle n roll " :ROFLMAO:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts