Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Recently purchased a new titanium Y61 LE. This is my first Patrol and have very little knowledge of "what's - what " with them. I'm enjoying my new ride but one issue that's giving me the dirts is that the rear tail lights are non-working blanks. Is this normal in most model Patrols?

Anyway .... I found a pair of after-market "fully operational" rear light assemblies on Ebay that replaces the blanks. Has anyone else replaced their rear lights with these and were there any issues fitting them other that making up a patch harness?

I'm at a loss at why Nissan would not have them operational.

Bazza

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Hey Bazza, yes it's normal. Heaps of people have upgraded to the Arab spec lights and there's a bunch of how-to threads on here. Only downside of the aftermarket lights for me is the amber indicator lens. I've just fitted t10 leds to my factory lens.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Reactions: bazzaboy

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
And it's standard in Europe for rear bumper lights. The new rear upper patrol lights are now black sides. In 2012 our reverse light went to green glass. How odd it looks but remains white light.

·
Registered
nissan gu
5 Posts
YES, I've done this mod with the same lights, used 5core trailer wire to wire them up cause nothing matches as far as colour coding goes. Patched them in to bottom lights soldered and heat shrink.
Had to use some packing to make them sit evenly off the body ( that is the ony fault with them, I found)
But look sweet as. Have seen quite a few that have been wired with tails and stops but none fully functional. good luck.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
18 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but just took delivery of a 2011 Trol to go with the 1996 one that has now had a blown head gasket or cracked head for about 4 years...still driven every day by my son and we just haven't had the wherewithall to get it fixed...forced redundancy etc and wanted to get newer one anyway...

Sooo... missus is complaining about how dim the one reversing light is and we were going to fit a reversing camera...but....for the life of me I can't work out how to get the fake top lense covers off. I only have the owners manual which isn't very helpful as it talks about three cotter pins holding the lenses on...is there, in fact a simple way to get the lenses off?

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
You have to remove two screws per light, accessible with the rear doors open. Then pop the lights out from the plastic locating/retaining pins.

This pic shows where the screws go (into the anodised brackets) and the three retaining pins.

Reactions: GeeJay

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
18 Posts
Thanks...are they the 10mm headed bolts you can see through the accessible hole...wish it was as easy as the old 96 one lol...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts