Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day all, New to forum will be posting some pics of my Y62 once i have given her a bath. I have been doing some research but cannot find anything to suit the Y62. Does anyone know of a high flow air intake system that suits the Y62 Patrol, Not sure if what suits the QX56 will fit the Y62. Can anyone shed any light on this. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
nissan
557 Posts
QX56 is just infiniti badged version of the Patrol I think, Patrol is not sold in the USA so there will likely be US part available for QX only

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate I will have to just get the only thing available which is a K&N filter panel

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
Thanks mate I will have to just get the only thing available which is a K&N filter panel
I'm not sure the K&N is any better, they oil up the MAF sensor same as on a ZD30, I've taken mine out and put the factory filter back in and I think it runs better after cleaning the MAF sensor

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did see that one, looks like it has the piping to suit but not 100% sure it will fit

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
I put the k and n panel in a few weeks back and not had any issues, fuel economy is the same. I thought the panel was heavily oiled from the factory, but it has been ok.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I'm not sure the K&N is any better, they oil up the MAF sensor same as on a ZD30, I've taken mine out and put the factory filter back in and I think it runs better after cleaning the MAF sensor
Yes that is an issue but only if the filter has been over oiled when you clean it. I keep two K&N filters and when I clean one, I oil it lightly and then put it in a plastic bag to sit and gradually soak the oil through before it is used.

Also you can get some Mass Air Flow cleaner from CRC and give it a quick spray at each air filter is changed or more regularly at each oil change and it is not a problem.

·
Registered
nissan
557 Posts
What Geordie4x4 said.
Get a pair and rotate them. I also have two, and switch them around.
I've never had a problem, but just to be on the safe side, I also carry a spare MAF.

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Has anyone installed a K&N filter lately?? or is there any sort of cold air inductions for them??

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Put a k&n in last week. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet as it's the wife's taxi.
I'm thinking of a staino snorkel very very soon. (My leading hand makes them as a hobby)
I spoke to oldmav and quizzed him on it and he said it will not upset anything.

Reactions: preacher

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Just for interest sakes here is the k&n comparison.

Oh and had my first drive of it yesterday since installing the k&n and while it could be in my head it does feel slightly 'free er'

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
I didn't really notice any performance difference after the k and n went in. It was only $52.50 U.S. So I mostly got it because I figured it would pay for itself given the insane prices Nissan charge for parts.

I cleaned my maf a few months back and it was clean as a whistle despite the k and n looking quite oily.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Yeah it's tuff for me in regards to performance changes as I only get to drive it once a week and that one day a week is all so pleasurable! Lol
Back to back dyno would be the only way to really check if there was a difference.

It makes sense to give a little increase as the element is overall bigger and thinne, which 'should' allow more air with less resistance.
I think I paid $80 as the dollar is getting worse by the day..

Reactions: Patrol Y62
1 - 15 of 15 Posts