Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, First time posting on this forum and I was hoping for a little help. My name is Bryan and I own Genrex Offroad located in California. I have a customer in the middle east that has requested a aftermarket brake kit for a y62 that will work on the factory sized rims and not require a larger wheel like most of the current aftermarket brake offerings on the market. I have been working with a major brake supplier and we are in the initial design phase and looking for some basic weight info on the Y62. Since we are located in the USA, I do not have direct access to a Y62 and was looking for the front axle and rear axle weights of a stock Y62. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
QX56/QX80 but brakes may be different in the middle east as I believe the 320SE and 400LE versions run different brakes 400LE should be the same as QX. Lmu4eJ would know more.

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
To my understanding [last time I looked in the showroom], the newer QX80 has the same brakes as the LE, whereas the QX56 didn't get the same treatment. There are plenty of these vehicles around, take a look next time you get next to one, it is easy to see the difference.

Curious though that someone from the ME wants to put bigger brakes on one of these. I don't have any stopping issues but perhaps they are not looking to do this from a functionality standpoint.

·
Registered
Nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To my understanding [last time I looked in the showroom], the newer QX80 has the same brakes as the LE, whereas the QX56 didn't get the same treatment. There are plenty of these vehicles around, take a look next time you get next to one, it is easy to see the difference.

Curious though that someone from the ME wants to put bigger brakes on one of these. I don't have any stopping issues but perhaps they are not looking to do this from a functionality standpoint.
The customers horsepower will be more then double the factory in the near future and the vehicle will be used in a lot of rally type driving. So bigger brakes will be needed.

I have seen the endless brakes and actually my customer has a set install on one of his patrols. The two issues we are trying to fix with a new system is a better price and more reliable arts availability. I hope the target price will be half of what a endless brake kit costs and the feedback I have been given is that endless brakes are hard to get in the ME. I appreciate all feedback though if you have any.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Welcome Bryan, sounds like an interesting project - good luck with it!

·
Registered
Nissan Y62 2013
179 Posts
Yeah I've only seen 1 shop that sells them so far in the UAE and they're a bit pricey (around $8k or something), so I can see a good market for what ur doing in almost everywhere they sell the Patrol if it'll be able to accommodate smaller sized wheels (16" - 17") so take that also in mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts