Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
If those kind of fuel figures can be maintained in real world driving, then that's not bad at all. And knowing how motoring journos drive, they try for the worst.

Cheers

Ray

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If those kind of fuel figures can be maintained in real world driving, then that's not bad at all. And knowing how motoring journos drive, they try for the worst.

Cheers

Ray

agreed ray, they always flog them and they had a few cars on test to. they said the figures were the worst they got so not bad.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Rav 4 is like the battery charger for Y62. Even then it would struggle. However I have seen RAV4 in some rally comp and beat all patrols and land rovers so I guess its alot to do with the driver. still its small engine and needs lots of red line in sand. even the 4.8 are driven on rev limiter in sand so were all in the same boat i guess.

My worse reading is 32L per 100 K's. I have ported head, injectors, upgrade fuel pump, remap and diffrent cams so if you tune up the fuel bill goes up. It's worth every penny of the mass fuel bill.

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Depends if its a new motor as well, as some loosen up with some ks on then.

And agreed, not sure why its a bad review. Simply showing fuel usage over varying conditions, one of which was sand. Seems pretty transparent and clear cut to me.

Either way, you've either never driven a patrol or a rav on sand. I've done so in a petrol xtrail and used about 50% of the clutch life just to get about 10m.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There saying that most of the 560 nm of torque is available below 2000rpm . From what I have read it has max torque at 4000rpm. I wonder how much it has across the rev range. They say in the article low range wasn't used as it was not required due to the torque it had.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL, RAV4 getting on the beaches in Robe, from those pics it looks like they took the easy routes down there with Y62. As long as traction control is not interfering than indeed even RAV4 could do those.
Cheers
No doubt but gee RAV4's are crap.

Sent from my phone so spelling doesn't matter

·
Registered
nissan
186 Posts
i drove a new patrol around the suburbs and got 40l per 100 average according to the trip computer. I think it only goes as high as 40. the wife got in and drove it and got 31l / 100, cant see how they got it so low on the sand.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i drove a new patrol around the suburbs and got 40l per 100 average according to the trip computer. I think it only goes as high as 40. the wife got in and drove it and got 31l / 100, cant see how they got it so low on the sand.
I think the trip computer is telling lies. In that test they had 3 cars to compare and I doubt they did there fuel economy figures off the trip thingo

Sent from my phone so spelling doesn't matter

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU 2.8
5 Posts
I rather my 2.8 diesel gu patrol that I have owned for 13 years over the Y62. Because its diesel, has manual transmission, cheap to run, and not worrying about when the next fuel stop is going to be in remote areas. The money they want for the Y62 is beyond the joke.

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
the car i test drove today was showing 40l/100 but it spent a lot of time idling in the lot while we did a walk around etc, when i took it for a drive on the highway the live reading was showing between 10l/100 and 12l/100, i was giving it the berries overtaking a few roadtrains too.
where i live the majority of driving is on highways at 80-110kph so i think the fuel economy would be decent.
not so sure how it'd be around the suburbs.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't see the economy being any worse than our CRD friends. And with power and reliability and no sensitive new age fuel guy system.

SENT FROM MY ALDI TABLET THAT STILL WORKS

·
Registered
nissan patrol
102 Posts
Took one for a weekend long test with lots of low-range 4wding and a very heavy right foot and averaged 19L/100km. The fuel consuption reading is known to fault on the Y62 making it read 40L/100km. If it was actually using that much fuel you would be fueling it up every 3 hrs of driving!

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Took one for a weekend long test with lots of low-range 4wding and a very heavy right foot and averaged 19L/100km. The fuel consuption reading is known to fault on the Y62 making it read 40L/100km. If it was actually using that much fuel you would be fueling it up every 3 hrs of driving!
how was it off road?

1 - 20 of 231 Posts