Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yeah good luck with that. The problem you have is that, no matter how hard you fight, if the map update doesn't exist, Nissan can't give you one even if they wanted to. Apart from buying the car back, I can't really see how they are going to resolve your problem.

Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain and I think it's a bit rich of them to say "3 years free updates" without actually having the updates available to give to you (for free), but they can't exactly employ the services of a cartographer for a couple of days to quickly create some maps for you. Creating a map set is a rather expensive and time consuming process.
I would just get some work experience kid in the IT department to re-save the file with a different name and upload it.

If one of the guys from work wasn’t on leave. I would ask what the outcome of his VW was. They had gps issues and not being suitable for purpose.

Stupid thing used get you to take an off ramp. Then get back on when on the fwy. And a couple of other stupid things.
These guys know the how the systems work. They would have gotten a discount out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I hear you @AndrieK,

I am not sure Nissan will update the maps. But I work in the industry (IT) and map updates are piss easy. It literally is as easy as a .txt, .csv or .geo file. All the other triggers etc remain in use i the codeline. They talk utter **** when they say they have to test the whole system and all the accessories...if they did we would not have the bugs it has today. VW is not the only one that take you on "scenic" tours.

I asked the Authority for the following outcomes:

1: Force regular map updates from Nissan. (Not likely as Nissan have severed their ties with HERE in 2017 for Australia) I found that out after emailing HERE for help with an update.
2: Refund us a chunk of money roughly equal to 3 map updates purchased elsewhere.
3: Extend warranty etc or some compensation.

I cant accept buying this car and being told I will get 3 updates but they had every intent not to fufill that offer.

Let's see how we go, one can but try. 😁

21 - 22 of 22 Posts