Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,675 Posts
Looks nice in the rear. I really hope they sort the front out more so and drop the woodgrain interior

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice in the rear. I really hope they sort the front out more so and drop the woodgrain interior
Exactly, interior and infotainment need update more than exterior, that's what we look and use all the time.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,625 Posts
your right I just seen a "leaked Russian" photo on social and the front is some thing only a mother can love.
Yip... I didn't really like the front of the original Y62, but with the latest head lamps (which we never got in Aus for some reason) and grille, it grew on me.

The MY20 version is hideous, IMO.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Even though the rendering is photoshopped and not offical, it’s a crap tonne better than what we have at current.

More square and gq ish rather than a fat bloated whale.

·
Registered
2001 GU ST TD42t coil cab (gold)
4,114 Posts
Oh please no. I've finally convinced the wife to upsize the body of her daily and planning to go Y62 in another 2-3 years, here's praying they fix that front end by then. The current version I can handle, if this is the new one I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh please no. I've finally convinced the wife to upsize the body of her daily and planning to go Y62 in another 2-3 years, here's praying they fix that front end by then. The current version I can handle, if this is the new one I'm not so sure.
Here we go...

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Here we go...

You might have missed my point. That is the front end I’m hoping they change again before I’m ready to buy. I would take the current version now if I could but that new front pictured changes the game for me yuk.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A handsome beast, but looks like the lovechild of a Cullinan and a Y62...the front bit at least. I still prefer it anyday over a Toy-ota.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
A lot of you guys seem to be in shock, shock of how good it looks over every Nissan before it 🤩

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You might have missed my point. That is the front end I’m hoping they change again before I’m ready to buy. I would take the current version now if I could but that new front pictured changes the game for me yuk.
Well, I am glad that they kept some distance from modern Nissan front ends. Not that they look bad, but it would not suit the Patrol.

Current one still looks like a pumped up X-Trail T31, which is ok with me as I love my T31, but it does needed some changes and modern touches, especially with lights.

That said, I much more care about interior than exterior, and that's is the area where I hope we will see some real updates.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
See, I'm happy enough with the current interior style and want my 4wd/truck to still be a 4wd/truck so I would be happy for the front to remain or follow the Titan. That new format is going too car like and that is the problem with the whole 4wd industry and market. They are obsessed with making 4wd's more like cars and less like 4wd's because the new generation of 4wders seem to think they deserve to have their 4wd and mums Corolla all in one and all it is doing is making 4wd's and accessories far more expensive than they need to be.

All these wacky front end stylings and curvy organic interiors are achieving is making accessory fitment much harder and expensive for those of us that still want to have bullbars, UHF radios etc.

That's why I actually like the front end styling of the 200 series because it still has some truckness to it, just.

If only I could stretch to one now, I'd jump in now before the new styling hits.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts