Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone was right - after having driven a Y62, I want one! So.....planning ahead....

The thread on Ti-L pricing is currently sitting at $75k OTR down from about $125k list. If the same proportion is used, (75/125=0.6), the ST-L should be $49.2k but dealers are talking $60k. The $75k figure for the Ti-L looks like 22% depreciation which sort of make sense as the cars being sold are two years old. This is probably just a coincidence but I will try it in the next discussion with a dealer who has an ST-L in stock. (For those who read my other thread re no satnav in the ST-L, I'm getting over that given the comments about the less than perfect Ti-L version (always like to find a loophole to justify an irrational decision) :)

·
Registered
nissan
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How you going to get satnav?
Probably a larger Garmin unit with OzTopo. Less elegant but much cheaper and more flexible than the integrated options. Hema 7 or iPad mini are other options. Choosing a GPS is a "problem" I'd like to have as it implies that we have a Y62 to put it in!

·
Registered
nissan
78 Posts
Let me know if you have any luck breaking the $60K barrier on an ST-L. I've been working the dealers hard for a few weeks now trying to get one for near the prices guys on here reported getting them for last year, without success.

·
Registered
nissan
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slight correction - just had a look at the Nissan site and it appears that the full price of the ST-L has gone up to 90,779 OTR in Vic. Ti-L is 124,233. This changes the relative price at the same discount as the Ti-L to $55k. Still a lot less than $60.8k which looks like the best priced new one ATM.

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
An interesting set of figures and one that I'll keep in mind when purchasing

·
Registered
nissan
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anything, the dollar is stronger now against the Yen than when the ones on the lot were imported as per Uncle Chop's graph.

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Apparently the Japanese are depreciating their currency to make their exports cheaper for others.

We have done the same thing, just not on purpose and not as fast.

has anyone actually paid $75 for a new til? Or is that just forum talk?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts