Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads, what have people put back on their rims once the originals have worn out???

looking on the tyre manufacture websites there does not seem to be a lot of choice for the current size recommended for the Y62 :confused:

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
I have seen a few with BFGs fitted, here in the middle east there seems to be a supply in that size.

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
i got km2s to go with my new 17s, i'd never ever use Bridgestone's again, two trips in the bush and 5 punctures assures that! she's sadly sitting in the driveway with a spare with no tyre on it, and a flat on the right rear... but the new ones arrive monday! can't wait :)

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
I'm running the cooper stmaxx no issues at all so far and wearing well. Heaps better then the crappy standard bridgesones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm running the cooper stmaxx no issues at all so far and wearing well. Heaps better then the crappy standard bridgesones

We're running the MT ATZ P3 and very happy with them
How do you guys find the noise?? and also the traction on wet roads??

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
Not to bad, they are noisier but not as noisy as my old mtz's were and wet roads there not to bad, little less traction then the standard ones in the wet,

·
Registered
nissan
310 Posts
Although she went sideways in the wet on the bitty with traction control still on yesterday haha all 4 were spinning with only light throttle, although we haven't had any rain for a long time and that corner is slippery as

·
Registered
nissan
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got km2s to go with my new 17s, i'd never ever use Bridgestone's again, two trips in the bush and 5 punctures assures that! she's sadly sitting in the driveway with a spare with no tyre on it, and a flat on the right rear... but the new ones arrive monday! can't wait :)
Hey Trav, what sort of duellers did you have??
I noticed on the Bridgestone website that they have 697LT's to suit the 18inch rim

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
I put General Grabber SRL's in 275/70 r18 on the original rims at $435 a corner.
Fantastic off road in mud and steep hill climbing (Vic High country). In the wet on the black top I have not noticed any loss of grip, unlike my old BFG's AT on my old GU.
In the cabin there is slightly more noise but not enough to make a big difference (until you wind the window down).
Even with the stiffer side walls the ride quality does not seam to be adversely affected to much.
In the states they come with a 100,000km guarantee and are very popular. So hoping they last the distance here. The child in me also thinks they look very good (with the red lettering turned in of course).

·
Registered
nissan
487 Posts
Out of interest how many kays you guys getting out of a set of tyres.

Looking at buying one and want to work out real world TCO.

James

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
I put General Grabber SRL's in 275/70 r18 on the original rims at $435 a corner.
Fantastic off road in mud and steep hill climbing (Vic High country). In the wet on the black top I have not noticed any loss of grip, unlike my old BFG's AT on my old GU.
In the cabin there is slightly more noise but not enough to make a big difference (until you wind the window down).
Even with the stiffer side walls the ride quality does not seam to be adversely affected to much.
In the states they come with a 100,000km guarantee and are very popular. So hoping they last the distance here. The child in me also thinks they look very good (with the red lettering turned in of course).
whitetruck, have you got any pics of your patrol with these tyres on that you can share with us....pretty please :). I have seen these tyres in the flesh and they look to be a pretty solid tyre. Did it fit up alright in the spare wheel well?

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
Hey Trav, what sort of duellers did you have??
I noticed on the Bridgestone website that they have 697LT's to suit the 18inch rim
they were the standard all terrains they come with, i think they're 693s, they really shouldn't be considered an all terrain, they are simply no good in the bush at all, i don't think they're even a LT construction.

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
do we know the Loadindex and the Speedindex of tyres required for the y62

thanks

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
Trav not sure where you said it but flogged out cv's was it fronts or rears?
I destroyed a front CV not long after I lifted it. Nissan didn't accept the warranty. What it appeared to be is that with the lift, the CV boots pulled tight and one came off, allowing crap to get inside and then, it's end of story for it. My suggestion is to check your Boots (post-lifting) and if they are tight, carefully knock them in to give some slack.

Probably should put this in a new thread so others can search it easily. It will be a problem that only an unlucky few may face but, it's an expensive replacement.

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
I destroyed a front CV not long after I lifted it. Nissan didn't accept the warranty. What it appeared to be is that with the lift, the CV boots pulled tight and one came off, allowing crap to get inside and then, it's end of story for it. My suggestion is to check your Boots (post-lifting) and if they are tight, carefully knock them in to give some slack.

Probably should put this in a new thread so others can search it easily. It will be a problem that only an unlucky few may face but, it's an expensive replacement.
This is what I was told too, Trent in Vic had this problem and apparently you can't buy just a CV to replace, Nissan makes you buy an entire unit which is expensive

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Ok so it's just the grit getting into the cv and not that it's binding causing wear. From what I could see when I pulled the front apart there was no issue with travel.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts