Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

Registered
nissan
I saw that too. There's going to be some very disgruntled 200 Series owners.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that too. There's going to be some very disgruntled 200 Series owners.
I am very supposed by the fuel consumption numbers, everything else is no doubt better in Patrol, the only issue is consumption. Very odd.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The F250 was not intended as competition, it was thrown in for interest sake.

Not only did the Patrol use less fuel than the 'Cruiser but petrol is cheaper than diesel.
It Is odd. I expected at least 30 l/km. It must be the uphill-downhill combo.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
the wind makes a big difference when towing tall caravans. since both were tested on different date. look at the 2nd video at the end, you can see it was a pretty windy day. dont know which direction of the wind. i think the result is not accurate unless compare them on the same day/ time.

Reactions: Marko_SJ

Registered
Nissan 2006 model ute
the wind makes a big difference when towing tall caravans. since both were tested on different date. look at the 2nd video at the end, you can see it was a pretty windy day. dont know which direction of the wind. i think the result is not accurate unless compare them on the same day/ time.
Seriously

Registered
nissan
the wind makes a big difference when towing tall caravans.
Quite true but wind makes most difference at highway speeds and looking at the film clip of the 200 it seemed pretty windy at the top of the mountain where they would only be doing low speeds, and pretty calm while they were filling up in Bright at the bottom of the mountain. Bright to Harrietville has good opportunity to do 80-100k but up the mountain from Harrietville to Hotham won't see them doing much more than 50 and often a lot less.. What they lose with the wind in one direction they will also pick up in the other.

I never like single fill comparisons because consistently filling a tank to the same point is almost impossible because the tanks don't always hold the same size bubble of air above the breather. I know one time many years ago I was filling a tank to the very top and the passenger got out of the car just as I was finishing off. The fuel was to the top of the fill pipe but the small wobble of the car caused by the passenger getting out caused the tank to burp a heap of air which took another 3 litres of fuel to replace. Once you do 4 or 5 tank fulls these variations even out and you get far more accurate average readings.

I don't believe that any petrol vehicle will consistently out distance a similar diesel vehicle for fuel usage while towing a caravan up and down mountains but I don't believe there is a lot of difference between them either.

I don't think I have ever seen 98 cheaper than diesel
Good point. I hadn't realised they were using U98.

Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
I'm not surprised with the results at all. I don't know the development history of the Toyota V8, but 200kW out of a 4.5litre diesel is not very much. There are quite a few European 3.0litre V6's that are not far off those figures.

The VK56 on the other hand is a seriously efficient piece of kit, especially in direct injection form like in Aussie spec Patrols. With similar weight / size of the Y62 and LC200, I'm not surprised at all that the VK56 makes up for the inherent difference in efficiency between petrols and diesels, when compared to something as archaic as the LC's engine.

In fact, the bigger surprise to me was how comparatively well the Ford did, considering it's vehicle weight and engine size.

Registered
I go to ski many time during the winter time towing my caravan. The round trip will be around 1100km. At the ideal conditions, a no windy day, I can archive 13.5l/ 100 with my Cummins converted GU ( caravan is about 1.1 Ton loaded. The engine is Cummins common rail 4.5 , 270hp, about 850nm during the cold winter time). While for the same distance towing the same caravan on a windy day, the fuel consumption increased to 15.2l/100. I did 5 trips with the new engine. So I am pretty sure that the wind has big impact on fuel economy. I believe the new 5.6 V8 is very efficient. but the result is not very accurate considering the test condition may not be close. Just the direction of the wind factor , the short distance, also the filling point ( even at the same fuel station) can also affected the result. Hopefully real people who bought the car can share some result.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Registered
Gotta say, it wasn't until the 2020 facelift Y62 that I actually warmed to them. I'd like to see a 2020 with a small lift, bullbar, snorkel etc
Go in the 62 fb pages.
Heaps have been modded up already.

Registered
I was planning to buy a land cruiser before I did my convention, but the dpf and injector issues stopped me. I don't mind a petrol V8, but the style of y62 .......if make a choice today, I would still pickup the cruiser. Sometimes, the style is more important than mechanical spec. Take a look at the sales results between the bt50 and the Ranger.....

Registered
CRD Wagon
I was planning to buy a land cruiser before I did my convention, but the dpf and injector issues stopped me. I don't mind a petrol V8, but the style of y62 .......if make a choice today, I would still pickup the cruiser. Sometimes, the style is more important than mechanical spec. Take a look at the sales results between the bt50 and the Ranger.....

That's a matter of taste. To me the cruiser has been jellymold and ugly since the 80 series and each one since looks worse.

Registered
The krooza is the aids of large 4wd wagons.
When forking out that amount of coin one would want something that the dollar commands.
The krooza is one half bake crapper. Open diffs on a 100k car... please...

Reactions: Fernando1

Registered
Bahaha nailed it!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Some Australians are just friggen retarded hey!
was away for a week last week with some other mates with families, one of the young guy said, 鈥榮imy why didn鈥檛 ya buy a krooza鈥
I said they are ****en rubbish.
even when you puts facts on the table the spastics don鈥檛 get it.

the patrol is
Noticeable bigger, can fit bigger tyres and lift legally.
More capable
25k cheaper for the same spec
Better gearbox
Better motor
Better tower
Lsd/diff lock
Same eco when driving the same
I completely embarrassed the clowns on the beach.
Has the same amount of after market support.

but no, they say the krooza is better ...馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
The krooza should be 10k cheaper to make up for it鈥檚 short falls.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts