Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Chill time. 馃槈

Registered
Gee go away for 5mins then a thread is leading towards being locked.

Either way. I don鈥檛 want a 200. But that F truck would be pretty neat as a daily. Uses less fuel than my 3lt GU. Probably handles better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
nissan
Gee go away for 5mins then a thread is leading towards being locked.

Either way. I don鈥檛 want a 200. But that F truck would be pretty neat as a daily. Uses less fuel than my 3lt GU. Probably handles better.

Don't know about the thread being locked but it looks like the trash was taken out..

Registered
Even the die hard gu fan bois who make the switch say they wish they did it years ago.
the gu apart from a smooth 4.8 really are dog chit.
they have their issues the 62 as per most cars but far out, out the box does everything better than most modified forbies and make things look easy.

but alas it鈥檚 petrol, digi booster won鈥檛 work and has no live axles so much be garbage 馃ぃ
Don't forget the Navara front diff, that's the latest argument from a couple of Cruiser beliebers I've been trying to enlighten.

Registered
Absolutely love the y62 . Did 600 klms yesterday and can鈥檛 speak highly enough of it .... not sure what will happen to the old girl yet . I suppose 180 klms it鈥檚 not that old
Depending on what the insurance company does to my hail damage.
I might be looking into how this salary sacrifice/novated lease things work. As they do tick a lot of boxes.

Registered
Nissan
I might be looking into how this salary sacrifice/novated lease things work. As they do tick a lot of boxes.

Let us know how you go 馃憤

Registered
Nissan 2006 model ute

If you do use ss get your own insurance it鈥檚 usually a lot cheaper and you pay for the year and they reimburse you .

Registered
Nissan
If you do use ss get your own insurance it鈥檚 usually a lot cheaper and you pay for the year and they reimburse you .
I was under the assumption that some won't let you pay your own insurance

Registered
It depends on the company running the package for your employer but you can often get away with stuff if you think smart and word yourself the right way.

I did several vehicles back when I was in the finance industry over 10 years ago.

When we were managed by Fleetcard you could get away with just about anything. One of my bosses even got the stereo system in his Commodore upgraded with the running costs. The bank used to take care of the loan side of it and Fleetcard processed the running costs side.

When they changed to another company (can't remember the name) that managed the whole package, running costs, taxation and loan repayments they wouldn't allow stuff like that because it was technically an improvement to the vehicle and had tax implications.

One issue I got around was I actually financed the vehicle through a financier that offered me better terms than my employer. The fleet mod didn't like it but they couldn't fight it on any grounds. Another issue that developed for some of us with 4WD's was we realised that the insurance offered by our employer (Suncorp) which was compulsory didn't cover us in 4WD parks. Initially neither the fleet company or the bank would let us change, till we all got together and threatened action and potential litigation if we were out of pocket should a claim situation arise.

There are other tricks too potentially.
One guys I worked with was a tightarse and didn't like the margins they put on all the running costs. It was not a big deal because if you were ahead of budget at the end of the term you got that surplus back with no tax implications but he wanted his monthly spend tight so he calculated all his costs tight based on his actual use (better fuel consumption, cheaper tyres etc) and had them set the costs to that. They used to bitch it was not a good idea and left no margin but couldn't stop him.
I used to leave the costs as is and get little things within the costs. Upgraded the shocks on a Commodore to adjustable Konis. They argued they were a capital improvement cause they were better than stock. I argued that stock was not fit for purpose in my driving conditions, dirt roads, rural property inspections, so i was not going to have costs for something that was going to wear prematurely again or go through warranty for stock items again because they were not safe and reliable in my situaton. So they allowed it. As costs are inflated in the package for margin I never had to pay for them seperately. The real reason I wanted/needed them was because I had lowered the car and the stock shocks were crap.

In the same way the first company Fleetcard allowed me to put 33's on the 3.0l GU shortly after purchase even though it initially blows the costs out and were illegal. The second company would not allow me to fit 35's to my 4.8 for that reason that it was illegal and whinged about the costing issue. They back down on the cost thing as it is my responsibility at the end of the day and I would have to pay if there was a deficit at end of term. But I knew what the mileage life was and that my one set of 35's would outlast the factory soft **** that they allowed a couple of replacements for in the term. End result no shortfall at end of term. The 35's issue was addressed by my friendly local tyre shop. They invoiced the fleet company for the dearest standard size A/T. They give me the 35's I want. The fleet company pay them then they reprocess my transaction in their system as a return/refund and replacement with the 35's all on paper. I get my 35's within the package costs without shelling out any more coin. Easy.

Of course all this depends on your fleet company managing the package. My wife works in Qld Health. We looked at doing a SS a few years ago under her name for our second car but I could not get the numbers to work for us or make sense. Talking through her was hopeless but when I could finally talk to them direct their package structure was ****. Even though they run the whole deal and have it all itemised on the quote, it didn't clearly show but the issue was they do not run all the costs through the package in pretax dollars, so the format was no longer attractive for us. That was on a vehicle of about $38,000 so maybe a Y62 might work better.

Of course it also depends what K's you nominate too. The odd occasion did see us driving to Byron Bay for the day for lunch a couple of times to make sure we had the K's right. But that's not a bad thing if it makes you go out and have fun.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts