Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some might be undecided between the QX80/56 and the Y62 Patrol. Furthermore, the availability of QX80 spare parts and accessories from the US can be an interesting option for some of us patrol owners if we know what is equivalent and not.

I therefore started making a comparison table between the Y62 and the Z62 platform. It is currently very rough work in progress, and I want to try to nail down more of the details.

The work is complicated by the fact that the platforms are different based on the region where there are sold. So far I have used my Middle east 2010 Patrol LE as a baseline against US QX56/QX80. Feel free to add comments, and I'll update the table. My understanding is that Aussie Ti and Ti-L levels are just trim levels that don't affect motor or suspension options?

I was hoping to create an editable document, but it appears the admins have turned off the ability to make tables in the forum posts?

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I have been able to research, the QX80 has no locking differential in US reviews. There are however Australian reviews where it does have the locking diff.

I would be happy if QX80 owners can chime in so we can clarify this.

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Updated Comparison

I was hoping to update my original post, but I am no longer able to edit it. On top of that the admins have turned off support for tables, so this will be rough. I will keep updating this table whenever I get new information. If some admin reads this please enable support for tables. It will do no harm...

Code:
Feature                    Nissan Patrol LE (Y62)               Infiniti  QX56/QX80 (Z62)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Engine Variant             VK56VD (5.6l V8, 300kW)              VK56VD (5.6l V8, 300kW) 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Available drive train      4WD only                             2WD and 4WD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curb Weight                2,850kg (all options)                2,785 kg (4WD)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Surface selector           Road, Sand, Snow, Rock               Snow
Towing                     Towing a trailer is                  Towing a trailer is acceptable
                           discouraged by the user 
                           manual, and towing voids 
                           the warranty in the middle east.
Towing Capacity            3500kg                               8500 pounds (3856kg)
Towing Hitch               Pintle Hitch (NATO coupling)         Class IV receiver hitch 
                                                                with wiring (Square 2 inch 
                                                                hole for a ball hitch)
Dedicated Towing Mode      No                                   Yes
Hydraulic Body Motion      Yes                                  Option 
Control
Differential Lock (Rear)   Yes					No 
Fuel Tank                  140L (100+40)                        100L 
Looks                      A look only its owners can love      A look only its designer can love

·
Registered
8 Posts
-Nissan just please cancel the armada and give everyone a patrol!
-Give the QX80 a diff-lock worldwide.
-Cancel the printle hook system in the patrol its not good for towing or even recovering any cars its literally attached to the weakest point of the chassis and many people damage their chassis in that way …

sorry old post I know, its just frustrating how Nissan does this.

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light

but we still love it :love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts