Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for those who have or are buying a Y62. Is it only the 2012 that is going cheap? or 2013 also.

Spent an hour or so at the local dealer today trying to talk a deal, trade in the dual cab patrol and get a 2013 Y62. He really wasn't interested at all, couldn't even get him to sit down and nut out a change over.

Apparently the Y62 2013 is not on the discount list, and there are no 2012's left.

Thanks
Patrolit

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Any off the new face lift yet for sale or still the old shape. What is cheap? What is base model and then LE model difference.

I sold mine last year as I heard about the face lift model. The Y62 has no resale value unlike the Y61.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
75 Posts
Y62 wich year models are they discounting

There are at least 5 2013 on car sales for under 60 st-l model only. You won't get a 2014 for those prices just yet but give it 6 months and the will come down. It defiantly is a buyers market for the y62 patrol and if the dealer won't play ball go down the road to the next one.

I test drove a 2013 st-l over the weekend and the salesman told me the RRP is 89k. I laughed at him and told him that when he can sell it under 60k to give me a call. I expect to hear form him next week :)

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah only one dealer in town, the really strange part he advised me to go for a drive to brissy and drive round the dealers until I got the best change over price... Mackay Nissan must not want to sell Y62's.

I have worked in Brissy for Toyota a little while back, I wouldn't of dared let the customer walk off to another dealer. Especially with out trying everything in my power to for fill there wants.

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
I think its pretty tacit recognition that mr Nissan got it wrong on the no diesel call so .... eat some crow....and price it realistically.

I think the "discounted" price will run for a while to get some out to build the y62 reputation.

John b

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y62 Ti-L
61 Posts
We bought our Ti-L Patrol 19 days ago. The Dealer claimed the HUGE discount was on 2012 build Desert Dune and Precision Grey colours only. Another Dealer would not move on a similar 2012 build white job. Pretty happy so far with the car but it does have the previously mentioned bad judder etc when the brakes are applied. Will mention at 1000 KM service next week. Nissan Aust assure me Ti-L Sat Nav will now be updated free of cost after change of Policy. Will also mention this at service time.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
What judder are you experiencing?

For the 2012, when we got ours in may it was all floor stock, we ended up with black but had choice of the dune or silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
i signed just before the new year on mine, 2013 model and i had a choice of any colour i wanted, mine is an st-l though.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y62 Ti-L
61 Posts
When brakes applied particularly on smooth roads at 60kmh and higher NVH increase noticeably with vibration, low frequency booming felt in car, steering wheel wobble and pulsing in brake pedal. This NVH/ booming in car present to lesser extent when accelerating rapidly. Road noise is fairly high on rough roads for a " top-line" model car.

·
Registered
nissan
207 Posts
Hey mate, look interstate for your purchase..
still a few around for under 60k..

it is shame your local dealer is not interested in selling you one :(

good luck with your hunt!!

the compliance plate will not matter much as all the vehicles left on the docks will be over 12mths old, most will be 2013 build..

cheers

squiz

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Hope the vibration gets sorted quickly. Must be something straight forward.

I've not encountered it and im up to 32000.

Cheers

John b

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
yeah i've had no brake vibrations either, i've been pretty rough on mine off road so it's always reassuring when you're back on the highway and it's as smooth as always

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
The truth is getting out there. .slowly. .

I was at a van park near Albury a couple of weeks ago...stopped the truck....and was setting up the van when I noticed about 6 fellow van people standing at front of bonnet.

I thought. ..I've done a no no ..but

Hows the patrol.....great looking vehicle. ..What's the interior like. ..

I was reminded of the park experience today as I stopped for fuel. ..a bloke and his wife were totally into into the details....so reactions are positive and growing

John b

·
Registered
nissan
508 Posts
Yep if the dealer doesn't want your money go else wear bud. And have a look in car sales they are worth nothing, feel sorry for the people that payed 95k for them I'm the first place.

·
Registered
nissan
479 Posts
I'm pretty sure there was one in the bundaberg Nissan dealer on the weekend. Had a $20 000 off stickler in the window... was brand new, just not sure what year.

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
The truth is getting out there. .slowly. .

I was at a van park near Albury a couple of weeks ago...stopped the truck....and was setting up the van when I noticed about 6 fellow van people standing at front of bonnet.

I thought. ..I've done a no no ..but

Hows the patrol.....great looking vehicle. ..What's the interior like. ..

I was reminded of the park experience today as I stopped for fuel. ..a bloke and his wife were totally into into the details....so reactions are positive and growing

John b
I had a guy ask me about mine yesterday... he mentioned reading about a journo getting 27l/100km fuel economy and how terrible it was.... i have to ask what the hell are they doing to get such bad economy, driving on the highway in 3rd or 4th gear i'd imagine, i've done over 200km of low range 4x4ing in one day and not even gone close to economy that bad...
Kind of frustrating these journos (which everyone believes) either fudging numbers or doing something seriously wrong and giving them a bad name... just more diesel lovers hating on the petrol is my guess?

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
27/100? Maybe if I towed the boat up a sand dune!

Agree the word is getting out. I have contributed to the salvation of one crd owner and a pathie owner might be following soon. Although the latter is getting given the "they're $90k on the road" rubbish - pick ya dealer folks :)

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Yes...since it appeared in Australia I've been totally confounded by Nissan s sales strategy. ..they didn't make very clear they weren't going to develop the next diesel through the Patrol but rather through the Navara; they pitched the petrol Patrol at prices that other sophisticated diesels were setting the pace..

So belatedly. ..looking slightly cross axelled going up the wrong line. ..they have had to start different sales pitch.

Therfore reality and market forces will tend to keep them at attractive levels for a while..unless a mysterious large capacity diesel appears out of the darkness. ..no time soon.

John b

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Went and worked a deal today on a ti $69990 drive away 2013 build 2014 complied could of got a st-l for 59990 any dealer that stocks one should be able to get that price he quoted me $92000 on sat after ringing another 2 dealers got told this is the current lowest prices he happly welcomed my deposit today at $69990 and that's at a country dealer and colour of choice

1 - 20 of 32 Posts