Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I know, I said I wouldn't buy another patrol unless they came through with a better motor. But I have, the mrs wanted a bigger car as we bought 40 acres 20min out of town and she didnt feel safe in her little Corolla. And we just aren't in a position to afford a 200 series at the moment, so a CRD GU it is.

How we purchased it

2011 GU
3L CRD Auto
45 000km on the clock
Kaymar rear bar with twin carriers (color coded)
ARB deluxe bullbar (color coded)
ARB scrub rails (color coded)
ARB roof cage
Bob Burrage 2.5 x 4m awning
GME TX3300 remote UHF
Dual Batteries
Safari snorkel
Single row Rigid Ind LED lightbar
6 x 33" MTZ's, 2 spares have never touched the road.
Old Man Emu 2" lift

What I've added since we got it,

240 XGT lightforce spotties
12000lb Warn Magnum winch
ARB 2.5 x 2.5 awning with side wall
Kaymar rear work light
80L Waeco fridge

We have a big trip planned next year, down the High Country then up to the Kimberley's, so will have plenty more to go getting this ready in the next 10 months

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sounds like a nice bus, but where's the pics!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Ready to start with some extras

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
I made the same mistake too. Bought another after I said I wouldn't LOL

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Testing it out

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a nice bus, but where's the pics!
Haha, you guys are too quick for me, was still in the process of uploading them

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Geordie, it was. Very well setup starting point, that's half the reason I caved in and bought it for her.

Hey Hey, yep no one is perfect haha, I just have a soft spot for GU's not matter what the engine combo

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Looking good Dean.

I just noticed you also have the ARB side bars and step. Just a suggestion, spray some rust proofing stuff (like Penetrol or fisholine thin penetrating stuff) down inside the rails particularly at the joint between the front of the step and the scrub bar. The joint has another little stub of pipe inside, this managed to trap condensation in the scrub-bar part of mine and they are completely rusted through in 4-5 years.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good Dean.

I just noticed you also have the ARB side bars and step. Just a suggestion, spray some rust proofing stuff (like Penetrol or fisholine thin penetrating stuff) down inside the rails particularly at the joint between the front of the step and the scrub bar. The joint has another little stub of pipe inside, this managed to trap condensation in the scrub-bar part of mine and they are completely rusted through in 4-5 years.
Thanks mate, Funny you say that as I was washing the truck after the weekend run, and noticed some rust colour marks at that very join. I might split them this weekend and go to town with the lanolin.

Cheers, Dean.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
How many GUs is that now Dean?

Looks great, but it's spelt "Fi's" ;)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How many GUs is that now Dean?

Looks great, but it's spelt "Fi's" ;)
Haha I try and not think about it ;-) this one will hopefully stay for a bit longer than normal. But then again I've said that with the last 4 haha. Think this is number 8 In the GU's haha. Oh and she spells it Fee, so FEEZ matched my DEANZ plates haha

Are you back in a Patrol yet?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice wagon, great colour and setup in my opinion.
Thanks mate, pretty happy with it.

Although I'm missing the power of the 4.8! But we really wanted something newer so the only option was a 3L

·
Registered
nissan patrol
376 Posts
Tidy looking 'Trol there Dean with just about all the bells & whistles :D What number 'Trol is this now ????? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Good to see you've got the young apprentice in there helping :bigthumb:

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
Looking good mate.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
20 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested in this I'm putting it up for sale, For the car it sits minus the roof rack and awnings I'm chasing $41 000. Or if I take the lightbar and Lightforce and winch I'm chasing $39 000

Please don't lowball me, I've put the lowest price I'm prepared to take on it, if I can't get the price I want it will stay with me. Only selling because I'm going to buy a 200 series Cruiser.

Send me a PM here or call me on 0448 198 862

1 - 20 of 26 Posts