Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted the start of our drawers in our GU thread Danny and Helen's GU

But anything I make myself Ill do a separate thread....so here it is!

The drawer system is mainly made out of 12mm ply. I did use some 7mm ply at the back of the main box and for some dividers in the drawers.

The runners are nice heavy duty 100kg bearing things.

The missus wanted a draw, some bench space to do things and another little slide out drawer thing to sit the washing up tub! So because thats what she wanted.....well she got it. ;)

I covered it in some outdoorsy type carpet stuff and painted inside the draws with some matching grey water based paint.

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I am going to tig together an alloy barrier to go around the top of it. And I am not sure if I will dress up some of the drawer edges with some alloy angle?

All up I am pretty happy with it. Its practical and holds all our gear. It goes all the way to the middle seats and the back is angled to suit the angle of the seats. I had to maximise the space because it holds a 110 waeco.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
That, would have to be the best set of home made I have seen! awesome with the side drawer.
And she let you do it in the house! Nice!

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments.

That, would have to be the best set of home made I have seen! awesome with the side drawer.
And she let you do it in the house! Nice!
Um yeh until I got the contact out to glue the carpet on.............;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
57 Posts
grate job mate where abouts did you get your hevy duity rollers for the fridge from and how much did they cost ? wish mine would look this good when im finished

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grate job mate where abouts did you get your hevy duity rollers for the fridge from and how much did they cost ? wish mine would look this good when im finished

Here mate eBay Seller: devon annie: Cars, Bikes, Boats, Home items on eBay Australia I got 3 1000mm sets they cost $285 for the 3 pairs. Luckily for me the ebay seller was in Tassie so she even dropped them off for me.
There is no doubt they will hold 100kg's or more, the only limitation is the screws holding them to the 12mm ply.

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
That's awesome!

I checked out your website briefly. . . Looks like you've been to some really beautiful places!

Wish I could get out that often haha

TF

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Some great ideas there in an awesome looking set of draws..

Wish mine looked as good as that, and it would give me an excuse to get a bigger fridge...

Well done!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Thats very impressive! Well done!

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments gents.

They weren't built in the living room!! I was going to cover them in the living room but the glue smell was a bit much ;)

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
is a pre requisite of owning a patrol that you must be an a grade cabinet maker/upholsterer? everyone on heres skills are tops. that box with drawers out of drawers is enough to give anyone a headache... good ****!

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is a pre requisite of owning a patrol that you must be an a grade cabinet maker/upholsterer? everyone on heres skills are tops. that box with drawers out of drawers is enough to give anyone a headache... good ****!

haha Thanks for the compliment and welcome aboard.

Far from an a grade cabinet maker!! I just cut the pieces out as best as I could with a circular saw and glued and screwed them all together.....really easy actually.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts