Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yet another turbo thread - td 42 12mm pump
Hey all, just thought i would throw up another thread on turbos, been through the search, read every thing i can, thought i would get some more ideas and opinions

Building a td42, specs so far are, custom pump, 12mm head and rotor and a few other tweaks, custom inlet plenum,undecided on intercooler as yet, maybe a laminova, mild ported head (cleaned up a bit more than ported) custom turbo manifold,coolant rail in the head, thinking about one of joel from pgs4x4 camshaft and spring pakages, hpc coated pistons, and of course a turbo,

Looking to run around the 30 psi mark, not to fussed if its a touch laggy as im running a custom auto so i have a bit of flare in the stall to help boost it up if need be, just want it to hit hard when the fuel lights it up and keep it that way till i back off!!

would like around the 170-180 rwkw mark through the auto

Just looking to get the turbo right the first time, what sizes are most guys running, i know there are a lot of custom turbos out there just after a ball park figures, idea, options, when running the 12mm modded pump

cheers sean

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats what i was thinking,

m waiting for andy at diesel tech to get back to me to see what he says, i got my last turbo of him, (the one in my avatar) and was rapt with that , just want some thing larger this time!!!

Hopefully he has some thing or at least can recommend me something

those pipes show up yet? the registered post number brings nothing up on the web site??

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Do a proper spaghetti style manifold and get a GT3582R. Mates got one on a TD42 that was at an unintercooled 26psi, its now getting an intercooler and wound up to 32psi. The pump has a 13mm plunger, 1HDT bits. He built the pump to be capable of 40psi :shock:

Original internals 340,000kms, when it finally does drop its bundle it will be brought up as you outline above but till then..... :)

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a bloody big turbo, i like the sound of that!!!

26psi is a crap load of boost not intercooled, guess it just proves how tuff these motors are!!!

what exhaust ar with that? .63 or .82??

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Nah, not really, considering the size of the compressor the intake temps would be no where near that of a disco potato. Still made over 240rwhp with the standard airbox, took that off and it made 255 with pyro of 510C sustained. He built a big square alloy airbox to keep it happy, the standard snorkels tenure is rather shaky at this point in time.

AR is .8 something, possibly .82 Im not sure exactly what AR the GT35s runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts