Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Yea this is a patrol forum but there doesnt seem to be a decent yoda forum and i belive us nissan blokes are smarter than them anyway so thought id ask here.
Posting for a mate who has a problem with his 2005 4.2td 5spd auto 100 series sahara.
He purchased a torqit chip, pedal module and 3'' exhaust. He is very happy with how it performs except it wont change into 5th gear. He contacted torqit and they sugested dissconect the battery and reset its memory which worked for a day. They then suggested adjusting the chip to the lowest setting which also only lasts a day or so.
Anyone had any experience with this? Or a idea of how to fix it??

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,016 Posts
Reactions: Beerhunter

·
Registered
Nissan
1,710 Posts
Sounds like it has to many wires maybe recommend a td42 conversion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yer 1HD-FTE all the way, TD42 is just a boat anchor compaired to toyota's offering.

Sure the Chip is not causing it to go into Limp mode restrictiong it going into 5th.... Just a thaught.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Yer 1HD-FTE all the way, TD42 is just a boat anchor compaired to toyota's offering.

Sure the Chip is not causing it to go into Limp mode restrictiong it going into 5th.... Just a thaught.
I used to work on these things when they were new you can have them. Nice to drive I admit though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Try a different chip in it? If the chip manufacturer is happy it's not their chip they should be able to loan your mate another chip and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts