Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all.

I need to replace tyres on my 2011 Patrol pick up

I currently have 265/75/16 Kumho's on which are all out of round and causes endless vibrations

Your opinion on Yokahama GO15 as opposed to BF Goodridge AT please

Thanks

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,237 Posts
Morning all.

I need to replace tyres on my 2011 Patrol pick up

I currently have 265/75/16 Kumho's on which are all out of round and causes endless vibrations

Your opinion on Yokahama GO15 as opposed to BF Goodridge AT please

Thanks
Don't discount BFG KO2, I've had them on for just on 70,000 and have been the best tyre I've used on the Trol, Also absolutely brilliant in sand and gravel.
My 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
My wife's reaction after we trialled a set of Yoky G015's: "wow it's like butter! the ride is silky smooth".
It resolved 90% of my vibration issues and ride comfort.
K02's are a little noisier but wears better than the Yoky's.
Yoky's though are cheaper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Geolandars are butter smooth and true Jack of all trades, the LT version takes rocks with ease and yet remains the lightest and smoothest for a E rated tire. Whats amazing is how quiet and smooth their aggressive tread MT G003 is, nothing short of amazing.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,228 Posts
I've just bought some G015's today through Bob Jane with the buy 3 get 1 free offer. They worked out to be $217.00 each plus $89 alignment for 33x12.5r15 which is pretty good value

I previously had on the GQ Maxxis Bighorn same size, 8 years old, well worn and hadn't been balanced for I can't remember. Very loud, vibrations through the steering and a very harsh ride which I guess is to be expected.

Intial impressions switching to the G015's... they have absolutely transformed the road manners of the patrol. Conformable, very quiet, smooth and it feels like the car isn't working as hard to get up to speed.

I don't really do any driving to need a mud terrain and I was keen to get something much quieter so I'm pretty happy with my decision. I'll get some photos up tomorrow of them.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,999 Posts
I had BFG KM2s on my GQ, switched to Yokohama G012s (the G015 was just released as replacement) and agree that they turned it from a truck into much more of a car-like ride. Great performance offroad at Glasshouse Mountains, and on sand.

Totally recommended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts