Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was getting some quotes today and didn't know about this deal.

Thought that I would share it around.

Got some 315/70 17 ATs+ for $360, with deal works out to $270 a tyre, which is dam cheap for such a good quality big tyre.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that tyre , but cheaper than the Yokohama prices, their web site price for same size is $420.

Bought mine at Bobjane.

·
Registered
nissan
568 Posts
Perfect timing. Was getting quotes for these the other week.

·
Registered
nissan patrol y61
90 Posts
Hi Guys
Can I ask why you are going for the Geolander. I am also looking to replace my set of Yoko Destination AT. I have got 92000 out of them and there is still some left. Heading to the cape and doing a big 4 month trip so want to head off with new rubber. I rang the local dealer to get a price and he is trying to sell me Bridgestone Dueller 697. Recons they are stopping the production of the Destination.
Has any body got these newer type B'stone 697 and are you happy with them

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys
Can I ask why you are going for the Geolander. I am also looking to replace my set of Yoko Destination AT. I have got 92000 out of them and there is still some left. Heading to the cape and doing a big 4 month trip so want to head off with new rubber. I rang the local dealer to get a price and he is trying to sell me Bridgestone Dueller 697. Recons they are stopping the production of the Destination.
Has any body got these newer type B'stone 697 and are you happy with them

It's a very under rated tyre, read the reviews!
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/tyres-wheels-38/tyre-topic-yokohama-29044/

·
Registered
nissan
6,422 Posts
Hi Guys
Can I ask why you are going for the Geolander. I am also looking to replace my set of Yoko Destination AT.
Sure they are Yokos? The only Destination ATs I've ever heard of were Firestones. I've just had a look at the Yoko web sites and can't find anything about them.

The Geolandars are very quiet and provide excellent grip on both wet and dry bitumen with what I'd consider moderate offroad performance. They also wear extremely well.

I can't offer any advice on the current Duelers but I've driven on them years ago and found them frightening in the wet on bitumen.

·
Registered
nissan patrol y61
90 Posts
Sorry, My mistake yes they are Firestone Destination not Yoko. Been to dealer at Yatla today and found the Firestones I have are not made anymore. They are 10ply LT 265/75/16. I can get 10ply in AT in Hankook, Toyo and BFG. Learning towards the Toyo as they are the only ones made in Japan. My old Firestones are Japenese. I'm looking for the big K's not 4WDriving. Spend my time towing a van.

·
Registered
nissan
6,422 Posts
Anybody know how often Yokohama run this 4 for the price of 3 deal? I've seen it a few times in the past but never taken notice how frequently it comes around. I just got a price from a dealer and they said that the deal was currently being offered on some of the Yoky passenger tyres but not the 4x4 tyres and they get no prior notice when it is offered. My Geolandars have done almost 75k and are about stuffed and I'll be needing a full set soon.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Anybody know how often Yokohama run this 4 for the price of 3 deal? I've seen it a few times in the past but never taken notice how frequently it comes around. I just got a price from a dealer and they said that the deal was currently being offered on some of the Yoky passenger tyres but not the 4x4 tyres and they get no prior notice when it is offered. My Geolandars have done almost 75k and are about stuffed and I'll be needing a full set soon.
About once every 12 months. I only run yokohama geolanda at's on both my 4wds and have always taken advantage of the 4 for 3 deal.

·
Registered
Nissan
524 Posts
I got a set of yokos for myself at the beginning of this year for a similar offer. Havent put them on yet as I still have a bit to go on the old BFG's. I saw an Ad on TV about some 4for3 price just in the last few nights and that included 4x4 tyres. Will keep an eye out and take note of exactly what is being offered.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hope your right, called bob Jane today and they said there is no deal at the moment.

Need a set very soon and will be dirty if the deal comes up just after I shell out for a set.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you aren't in a rush you can get some good specials from Bob Jane.

A year ago I was like some of you, waiting for the Yokohama AT 4 for 3 deal to happen. Instead they had Falken Wildpeak for $159 each for 31's and a bit more for other sizes. They ran out so gave me 32's for the same price. $795 fitted for 5 new AT 32's that I am very happy with. They were new stock too. The work 4wd got a set of Wildpeaks too. Bargain.

·
Registered
nissan
6,422 Posts
It's on again. Yokohama's "Buy 3 get 1 free" special is on for the month of September. I'm off to get a new set of boots. Four great quality 265/75/16 A/T tyres for $774 is hard to match.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Oh dear.

I've been waiting for this special hoping it was every six months (which it is) rather than every twelve and the gods have been kind to me.
Yeah I had been holding out for a bit but it's the other halfs daily and the factory tyres were on their last legs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts