nissan patrol
2,823 Posts
Nice work, excellent movie. Might have to dig it out again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,448 Posts
So, week 10 and still recuperating from operation. Tried to do things over the last week and have only ended up with a swollen foot for it, so it is back to the horizontal with the foot elevated.

Shaping up to be a bloody nice weekend and the salmon run is on and I have endless coastline at my door, and here I lay looking out the window at my new boat and my Dmaxed Patrol. :(

So read the news on line and am that bored I spy a "what ever happened to" thing on Freddie Prinze Jr and read it. I hate those sort of people, so you know I am bored. Turns out he married sahra michael geller (or whatever her name is, the vampire slayer girl).

Bored, bored, board ...

Nearly run out of things to watch, so got onto youtube and looked up some comedy and saw a Freddie Prinze clip.

Old man of the Jr guy from above it seems.

I will watch that.

Man, is he funny.

First 18mins.

Then you get a 20 year old Jay Leno doing stand up comedy.

The rest are unknowns but very funny as well.

So if you have an hour or so to kill check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo652dEg9dI

You all enjoy your weekend.

Barstards ...

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,521 Posts
Long video but everyone needs to see this.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
6,191 Posts
Long video but everyone needs to see this.
I couldn't sit through more than about 10 minutes of it. Seems absolute rubbish to me. What's the big deal about cash transactions being legally limited to $10k? I've never done a cash transaction that big in my life and see no likelihood of ever needing to. Anything more than about $2k and I use a bank cheque. At least that way I can prove I've paid for something. As far as the prospect of negative interest rates are concerned I'd say that anyone with large amounts of cash in a normal interest bearing account these days has rocks in their head. There are so many other alternatives to using savings accounts with large balances or putting cash under the mattress that what they are talking about in the video becomes pretty irrelevant ... unless you are a drug dealer.

Typical media strategy of using a sensational headline which is absolute BS as far as reality is concerned.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,260 Posts
Good effort Boyd, but shame about that tree. I know that a lot of blokes like the cooking segments on offroad videos but I'm not one of them so I skipped past that section. Good to see a bloke out with his kids.
Yeah dam tree Haha.

All good mate. Im not big on them either but thought hey some like them so why not.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,282 Posts
Looks like the old girl went alright. (y)

Foo

·
Registered
Nissan 2006 model ute
868 Posts
I watched that on the weekend. And it’s a tough track . That were very lucky . I wonder who they were insured with ?

·
Registered
nissan
6,191 Posts
It's not a good year for Dmaxes on the CSR. Recovery of a dual cab from well 19 on the CSR with the same problem cost $8k including repairs in Kalgoorlie which I thought wasn't too bad.

It seems to be a common thing with Dmaxes with this comment from a Dmax owner.

I drive a Dmax, I travelled the length of the CSR, I went over the weigh bridge as we left home, 20kgs under GVM, carrying supplies for 3 weeks without restocking and fuel for 1000km, front axle 20kgs over limit, rear axle 40kg under, and yes I cracked the rear axle housing at the spring saddles on both sides, welded up a 20mm crack and a 35mm crack when I got home, the Dmax axle housings are weak.

1881 - 1900 of 1948 Posts