Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,324 Posts

·
Premium Member
nissan
6,861 Posts
400:thousands klms - interesting
His maths is inaccurate for a lot of people that buy these cars. If a typical retiree leaves the $28k price difference between a Patrol and Land Cruiser in his super fund he gets an 8% return on that (at least) which is $2,280pa. If he uses 75 litres/week of petrol instead of 50 litres/week of diesel which he would in an LC200, then he will spend 75 x $1.45 x 52 = $5,655pa instead of 50 x $1.50 x 52 = $3,900 which is $1,755 more in fuel each year while saving the $2280 in his super fund which puts the Patrol $525 in front. In other words the Patrol starts $28k in front and gets a further $500 in front each year.

It doesn't matter how many kilometres you do the Land Cruiser will never catch the Patrol, it starts off worse and gets further and further behind each year.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
His maths is inaccurate for a lot of people that buy these cars. If a typical retiree leaves the $28k price difference between a Patrol and Land Cruiser in his super fund he gets an 8% return on that (at least) which is $2,280pa. If he uses 75 litres/week of petrol instead of 50 litres/week of diesel which he would in an LC200, then he will spend 75 x $1.45 x 52 = $5,655pa instead of 50 x $1.50 x 52 = $3,900 which is $1,755 more in fuel each year while saving the $2280 in his super fund which puts the Patrol $525 in front. In other words the Patrol starts $28k in front and gets a further $500 in front each year.

It doesn't matter how many kilometres you do the Land Cruiser will never catch the Patrol, it starts off worse and gets further and further behind each year.
Stopped listening to a word Cadogan uttered many years ago, he's as reliable as a 2 bob watch.

·
Premium Member
nissan
6,861 Posts
Until you go to sell it after 150K km.
Are you going to get an extra $30k for the 'Cruiser? A quick look on carsales suggests the best you will do is an extra $25k which means the Patrol wins again.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,136 Posts
Are you going to get an extra $30k for the 'Cruiser? A quick look on carsales suggests the best you will do is an extra $25k which means the Patrol wins again.
The patrol will still be winning as with the cruiser you have to factor in injectors, dpf, remap to make it move, a diff lock so it has no open centres etc etc.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,179 Posts
Just imagine if we could use this for plant growth.

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
987 Posts
Obviously fake, my friends brothers wife said her cousin had an auntie who's son had a landcruiser that could tow his 3.5T van up Hotham and got 5.5 l/100km and his friend had a Y62 that used 85 l/100km not towing up Hotham

·
Registered
Nissan 2006 model ute
1,029 Posts
Cruiser owners are going to cry like a little bitch . Remember the purchase price also . Some much cheaper for the patrol . Plus didn’t have to floor it like the cruiser . Shut up and take my money I want one

1901 - 1920 of 1958 Posts