Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Its not very often you hear a good comment or a good review of a product or a service.
Thought i would quickly mention that i have had an absolutely stunning experience with ZCG company, I have no association with the company apart from owning one of their products since april this year and the cable was not connected properly from the factory which i didnt really notice it that much. I went out with few people the other weekend and only thin noticed that it was not clear at all. So i have rang the company that i have bought the gear from and they recomended for me to ring ZCG, which i have rang them and explained to them the problem and couple of days later one of their sales rep drove for 3 hours to my work and gave me a brand new one.
Now this is what you call the service with a smile... Highly recomend to any one out there that want to get either a new aerial or change their current one.:punkrock::D:iconbana:

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Yep... very very good antenna's.

I use Scalar Whips at work for low power HF data transmission and reception. Super reliable and fantastic service.

Currently have a low gain Scalar rubber whip on my truck for around town when the GME broomsticks are locked up in the shed.

A rep driving 3 hours to hand over a replacement is certainly one for the books in this day and age tho

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I only use ZCG and RFI antennas, unless I need something special made.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Dont forget polar, they make good antennas as well.

Although I now mainly use the RFI Gpi antennas, ( vhf band)

I agree re the rep visiting you - good after market care.

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
ZCG is a local company just down the road from me, most of there gear is hand built on site

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
I also have a ZCG 1200 6db on the bull bar and reckon is is very good. Billet top cap and strong all round.

Only gripe is that the plastic cap they give you to put on the spring when the antenna is not fitted is about 20mm to short for the thread it is designed to cover and protect??? Go figure?? why have something made that does not fit properly?

MADE IN AUSTRALIA

Would and likely will buy again for my GQ when needed.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only gripe is that the plastic cap they give you to put on the spring when the antenna is not fitted is about 20mm to short for the thread it is designed to cover and protect??? Go figure?? why have something made that does not fit properly?
Totaly agree with the cap being too short... this is the reason why mine stays on all the time...

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,694 Posts
Can someone post a website or contact link for ZCG please? Looking to change my aerial and want something shorter and better. Currently have a high db gain and want to get something better.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can someone post a website or contact link for ZCG please? Looking to change my aerial and want something shorter and better. Currently have a high db gain and want to get something better.
For your nearest dealer
www.zcg.com.au/dealerlocator

thats the contact details that i got from their add in 4wd action magazine...

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts

Will this do? Team MudRhino: Sponsors

They can be bought from those guys cheap too. PM MudRhino himself for prices. They had them at the last 4X4 show real cheap.

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,694 Posts
Yep thanks for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts