Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I have two ZD30s. UniChip (or Safari/DpChip) are the better for the DI. I have one that is untuned and it still goes fantastic. I also have a custom 3" exhaust that cost $700 and a Scott Rods that cost $800 and I'd certainly shop around for a custom build as the Scott Rods is ****.

·
Registered
nissan 4.5
183 Posts
Aint nothing wrong with my scotts rods

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
How much power difference does it make?
Forget all this Hp is everything crap, it's not everything, driveability is what counts, my 2-3/4" Beaudesert changed the whole face of the vehicle. Bits I had to drive in 4th were now drivable in 5th and it only got better :). They are expensive and not for everyone but like my CCIC, I'd do it again in a flash. To each his own.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
We have just brought a 23 ft caravan looking for torque to tow with
That's what your after, I'd gladly give up a few ponies for a few more Ft/Lb torque down low, this is what I have been working on for years, my max HP is at 3700rpm, bugga I very rarely get there but if I can pull away from 1200 in 4th (especially with a bloody solid flywheel) in a ZD30 I'm as happy as a pig in mud.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And that's with a 2 3/4 inch exhaust . I have standard one on my car looks like I will be changing. So is a 3 inch not as good

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
And that's with a 2 3/4 inch exhaust . I have standard one on my car looks like I will be changing. So is a 3 inch not as good
No, not saying that, but I can give you 3 examples of similar ZD30DI, one with a 2-1/2" another with a 2-3/4" (mine) and another with a 3", the torque outputs, although similar in Ft/Lb, came in lower in that same order, interesting, not scientifically accurate/proven but interesting. Personally I feel the 3" is more suited to the CRD and the 2-3/4" the DI as an overall call.

What I have striven for with my DI is not outright Hp, I don't care if it's 160 or 140hp, what I targeted and achieved is the ability to get lazy in 5th gear on a winding 60k road and leave it in 5th, done. I pull a 5.5m boat (and not often enough) an off road camper, so all this helps that.

My 2 cents worth :).

·
Registered
nissan
206 Posts
No, not saying that, but I can give you 3 examples of similar ZD30DI, one with a 2-1/2" another with a 2-3/4" (mine) and another with a 3", the torque outputs, although similar in Ft/Lb, came in lower in that same order, interesting, not scientifically accurate/proven but interesting. Personally I feel the 3" is more suited to the CRD and the 2-3/4" the DI as an overall call.

What I have striven for with my DI is not outright Hp, I don't care if it's 160 or 140hp, what I targeted and achieved is the ability to get lazy in 5th gear on a winding 60k road and leave it in 5th, done. I pull a 5.5m boat (and not often enough) an off road camper, so all this helps that.

My 2 cents worth :).
Proof is in there. Towing a 5.5m and a off road camper at the same time.
You have sold me on a 3" exhaust and unichip Gee :driving::driving::driving:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts